THE EXCORS 002--A series of questions by yours truly

»»————- ☩ ————-««

As they walked down the uneven grounds of the forest, it had abruptly become apparent to Izuku just how little experience he had with it all.

His legs ached with a piercing vehemence he could no longer ignore and the blood and dirt that had accumulated on his hands weighed down on his soul with some unknown emotion he had yet to identify. It was an odd predicament he had gotten himself into, that is for sure, just this morning his mother had awoken him to a hearty breakfast. Now, her along with his father and everyone else in his colony were all dead.

Two of the three-hundred deaths had fallen upon his hands. Yet he still could not bring himself to fully let those murders sink in.

Katsuki walked with ease through the forest, leaping over fallen, moss-covered, logs with such ease—navigating the twists and turns as, what Izuku imagined, had been hundreds of times. He was quiet, yet his mind had been gyrating with a plethora of questions since he had figured out where Izuku was from. The tribe's previous elder's, his people, had told him along with the other children at the time of, Qui Metallum, 'The metal people'.      

They were the very few to have survived, Mors Undam, 'Death Wave' in a metal home centuries ago—which had wiped out most of the human race. It was fascinating to hear them speak of their ancestors, how the ones who were told to hold many of the resources that were used before Mors Undam; medicines that cure the sick in just one use, technology and weapons unlike any they had ever seen but only heard of in stories. 

And now, Katsuki had one of them.

A pang of guilt coursed through him as he gave Izuku a long side-glance, noticing the thin cut that adorned the younger's pale cheek—which had appeared after Katsuki tackled him. If he had known back then who Izuku was, more like who his people were, he never would have attacked. However, that did not matter now for Izuku would help them . . . hopefully.

Finally, after hours of suppressing his curiosity, Katsuki spoke.

"You said your people were slaughtered by Excors?" he grimaced as the questions left his lips while cursing under his breath, probably not the best way to go.

Izuku stiffened, yet replying nonetheless. "Yeah,"

"At least you survived, right?" Katsuki offered, "You must be a brave warrior if you were able to hold your own against them. Not as brave me though," he added with a triumphant smirk.

The younger's gaze softened momentarily, not going unnoticed by Katsuki who gave him a light smile. Unfortunately, Izuku's stoic expression flickered back onto his face just as quickly as it had passed—only this time he intended to keep it there. If he were being honest, he was not sure if he would be able to help with whatever trouble Katsuki and his tribe had; hell, not only did he not know what the problem was . . . but he also didn't trust them.

Not yet.

His father, who had been the lead researcher in the Bunker, had told him about the three main tribes he and his research team had observed from afar a few years back. And from what Hisashi had spoken of it did not sound like they were rather friendly people—hence why they kept their distance when observing. If his father's words were true, Izuku was doomed to a fate worse than being contaminated by an Excor.

"I'm sorry, again," Katsuki apologized once more, the words acid on his tongue as he voiced them. He was a man of many things, but a man who apologized was not one of them. "Look, if you really are Qui Metallum than your resources can help my people. I didn't know who you were at first,"