no. two

————'but something in my mind's not making sense

————
'but something in my mind's not making sense.'
————

THE AFTERNOON HIT and her classes finally ended, and Veronica couldn't help but almost literally count down the minutes on her hand when she'll be able to go back to the Cobra Kai dojo and hang with Miguel and Johnny. There was just something about the pair's energy that she wanted to be around more often.

That and perhaps the microscopic longing of being in Johnny's presence. There was something about his charming nature and witty humour that she wanted to know more about (and to be honest, just how good-looking he is). Although; she had to admit, it was extra work with this deal but she couldn't care less. She really felt a certain excitement when she would go to her classes for the first time––but now instead of classes, it was with going to the Cobra Kai dojo. Veronica couldn't put her finger on it but she couldn't wait nonetheless.

But now the time has come and Veronica excitedly gets into her car, starting it up and hearing the ignition roar. She never has been this excited for something in a long, long time. She glances at the clock on her radio display, and smiles to herself; plugging in her phone and playing her 80s playlist on her spotify. Loud music blasts as she backs up from the parking lot and almost floors the gas pedal in pure excitement of seeing Miguel and Johnny again. The Outfield's song Your Love echoes through the streets of Reseda and soon enough the college girl reached her destination; an unwavering smile upon Veronica's soft features. The song keeps on playing, almost finishing when she sees a red car park beside her. With the windows down she is greeted with Miguel's smiling face and Johnny's charming smirk as his attention perks up at the music. "Veronica! You came!" Miguel's excited child-like glee amuses Veronica, returning the kid with a warm smile. The song ends the minute Veronica's key is pulled out of the ignition and she gets out of the car, dressed in high waisted mom jean shorts, a denim jacket and one of her favourite band tees. Small hoop earrings hang from her ears as she approaches the parked car, Miguel excitedly popping his head out the window.

"Hey. So what's the plan today guys?" She asked with an ecstatic tone. "Well, we still got some last minute chores but I'm going to continue training." Miguel said as he stepped out of Johnny's car as the engine shut off. "Let's just hope we can stay open." Johnny added, getting out of his car and grabbing his gym bag handed by Miguel. Veronica's brows furrow in confusion as she follows the two of them to the front entrance. "What do you mean? My payment isn't going to cut it anymore?" She asks Johnny, with her doe eyes sparkling at him in worry. He feels something tug at him. "It's not that, lets just get inside and set up." Breaking the ice, he holds open the door for Veronica and Miguel; Miguel going straight to the change rooms of the dojo and Veronica heading towards the office and waiting for Johnny to get there. She looks at him now, waiting for his answer as he puts his bag down on the office chair. "Your cut is helping Veronica, believe me. But the rent was jacked up so I need to make double now." He said, zipping open as he pulled out some sheets of paper, dropping them on the desk as he spoke with Veronica. She could tell he was bummed out by the news still, and she found him trying to hide these aspects when Miguel was around. Veronica always had a tendency to help. Whether that be people, animals—it really was something she was known for all her life; taking initiative and the leadership role. It was just something that came naturally. 'Here goes nothing.' She internally spoke to herself, hoping that inner monologue wouldn't get her stuck in her own head. This would be the bravest thing she's done since coming out as bi to her parents.