social media: instagram + twitter

SAM HEADS OVER TO HER BED, rewarding herself from the bomb that went off in her house between her mom and grandma. She pulls out her phone and finds herself on her regular socials; instagram. She smiles at to herself, opening up the app and watching a few stories—her boyfriend, Miguel pops up and she giggles at his adventures at the supermarket with Hawk after his karate classes he posted on his story. She checks another one out, seeing Moon's story—a post to like her recent picture and another showing how much fun she's having with Yasmin. Sam sighs and rolls her eyes, already completely done with her ex-friends. She taps through her story feed and finds Robby's instagram story post of him at the local skate park in the afternoon. The heated memory of her mother and grandma's arguments boils away as she exited out of the stories and sees the first post on her home feed.

—————

INSTAGRAM

🤍   💬   ➡️   💌❤️ liked by miguel_diaz818, amanda

🤍   💬   ➡️   💌
❤️ liked by miguel_diaz818, amanda.larusso and 235 more others

veronicawade • 💫 •
23 hrs ago

View all 96 comments
aisha.robinson02 you constantly being so gorgeous is queen shit right there 😌😌
| @aisha.robinson02 😘😘😘

—————

She crooks a brow in curiosity as the corner of her lips turn upwards. She hasn't seen Veronica in years and she's still gorgeous. Sam goes back to the conversation she recently had with Miguel, remembering that he mentioned knowing Veronica. It was a small world really, or California is just too local. The younger Larusso heads over and taps on Veronica's profile, not before liking the recent photo. Her profile seems pretty and pleasing in it's own way, and the memories of Veronica's kind and nurturing nature wash over Sam.

She met the family, she cared for Anthony and her, she even played water polo with her and her friends when she came over to babysit

She met the family, she cared for Anthony and her, she even played water polo with her and her friends when she came over to babysit. Dinners with Veronica and the family were almost a regular occurrence and then Sam and Anthony grew up. A bittersweet nostalgia hits Sam and she taps the message button, leading her to a direct message in Instagram between her and Veronica.

—————
veronicawade

|

—————

The cursor blinks as Sam still didn't know what to say. Maybe she's being weird. Or not? It's been a while but Sam wanted to make the effort at least to reconnect with her old friend. Deciding against it for now, she goes back to her profile and taps the link to her twitter. Redirecting to her twitter app, she sees her profile and the first tweet.

———

twitter

Veronica Wade
@notveronicasawyer 
dancer 🩰 | ucla 🐚
california 🇺🇸
"how very." 💐
🔗 https://www.cobrakai.com

——

tweets

the karate dojo miguel goes to is cobra kai in reseda! although it wasn't mentioned in the video, click the link in my bio to check out and sign up to enroll for cobra kai! i work at the dojo, so please dm me if you have any questions!
~~~
SC NEWS
"Local kid at West Valley High goes viral after cafeteria school brawl––the school's new karate kid!"

retweeted 5 days ago

♥️ 330  | 💬 88  |  🔁 220  | 📩

————

Her stomach turns and her face scrunches. No wonder Miguel knew her, she works at the Cobra Kai dojo. She wracked her brain to find a possible way why she'd be working at a karate dojo of all places—she loved to dance? Maybe she rents the studio space and works there to compensate? Sam didn't know what to think, and the conflicting words from her father come back to her.

"Please, Cobra Kai will never change. Promise me just stay away from the kids associated with it, alright?"

Her father's words continue to echo through her mind. Her brain wracks through several emotions as her blue eyes dance around the words on her screen. Her brows furrow; and her eyes travel around her room in thought––letting the gears in her mind work. Miguel wasn't like that. She knows. Veronica wasn't like that either...right? Sam gives her the benefit of the doubt—if Miguel knows Veronica than she wasn't like those Cobra Kais. She hoped that the world wasn't working against her.