no. four + instagram

—————'sometimes there's bullshit that don't work now we all got our stories but please tell me what there is to complain about'—————

—————
'sometimes there's bullshit that don't work now
we all got our stories but please tell me
what there is to complain about'
—————

DURING THE COURSE of the day, Veronica helped out around the dojo; since Miguel started to get some serious training, she took care of not only the paperwork but replaced Miguel in doing the labour tasks. Although she had to admit, cleaning definitely took her mind off of things. It was a certain peace that she can appreciate doing alone in her own time and in any way she wanted to. It was an odd thing to like, but from the constant rules of writing papers and reports of her classes, staying in between certain guidelines and especially sticking to certain rules for dance with little no freedom for creativity tired the college girl out. Although her second year was better than her first, it seemed like it was the light at the end of the tunnel before Veronica could do any creative plans for her dance program. That and if the school would give the program a fighting chance. She sighed, if only. But being with Miguel and Johnny seemed like the best decision she's made in a while. She can feel big potential start to grow int he small dojo and she as glad she was going to be a part of it all.

———

The first day seemed to go well, well not exactly well but everything has its rock in the road, right? Johnny seemed to be using similar tactics when he trained Miguel; breaking him down so he can build himself up. Worked for Johnny, worked for Miguel, it should work for these other kids? Well, not exactly. Although Veronica would admit she did laugh at some of Johnny's blatantly honest yet mean comments, it was then when one of Miguel's friends had mouthed off to Johnny, and he ended up getting thrown down on the mat, before getting humiliated. That was when Miguel and Veronica felt like they had to intervene.

It was the next day, and fewer kids had shown up. Veronica counted heads and updated the whiteboard in the office. Hearing the conversation from outside the office, Veronica stood standing looking at the whiteboard, pretending to look busy as she listened in onto the class. "They left Sensei..." Miguel answered, looking down at the mat. "Seriously?" Johnny's question lingered in the air, waiting for a response from the kids but he retracted it; rolling with the situation to turn into a teaching lesson. "I mean good! That was a test! I wanna see who the quitters are; Not you guys." Veronica face palmed; she and Miguel definitely needed to talk to Johnny on becoming a better communicator with a class. "You're in it to win it. you could be sitting at home playing with your icomputers, eating candy but no," Johnny continued. "Instead you're here; doing pushups and learning how to fight." he evaluates his crowd, and Miguela and Veronica shake their heads. "Lip! Look, even Lip is tougher than those guys. he's no quitter." Johnny pointed at the insecure boy, and by the looks of it, he hated the sudden attention. "Goddamn it Johnny..." Veronica muttered to herself, now leaning in the office door, watching the whole situation.

——

Their conversation goes on, Johnny shooting the kid with more insults, humiliating him; obviously for the purpose of the lesson, but everyone can't see it that way. "Veronica, what do we do?" Miguel stalked slowly back towards Veronica in the office. "I don't know! This is his class!" She half-whispered in almost a panicked tone. "I don't think its up to us to tell him how to teach his class but, it can't work like this." The star pupil sighed, softly whispering to her teammate. "I guess we can't do anything now but to talk to him later." Veronica concluded, and soon ushering Miguel back on the mat before Johnny does anything else. Soon enough the kid leaves into the change rooms, getting his stuff and heading right out the door. "Oh really, another quitter?" Johnny finally puts the nail on the coffin. Miguel sighs, really the only thing that broke the ice that day of lessons.