no. fourteen

—————so could we alter the lies?so could we open the night?the signs are screaming at usthe signs are screaming—————

—————
so could we alter the lies?
so could we open the night?
the signs are screaming at us
—————

"JESUS CHRIST––I'M JUST GLAD YOU'RE OKAY." Veronica said as she held Johnny in her arms as he finished explaining the situation at the dojo. Apparently, Johnny's old Sensei had come back to sway him to let him join leading Cobra Kai with him; but Johnny obviously wasn't going down without a fight. The two men fought, and luckily Johnny wasn't too hurt, nor the dojo went up in flames. Veronica had driven Johnny back to their apartment as she switched off the engine.

Running into the house, Veronica immediately went into the kitchen to grab a bowl of ice––per Johnny's request. Sitting down on the couch, the blonde karate teacher took a deep breath as he watched his girlfriend rush into the living room with a towel and bowl of ice-cold water. She too, let out a deep breath and sat beside her boyfriend. "Here's your ice for your knuckles. It's not too bad right?" She asked once more, seemingly over-cautious as she held his hand and examined it. Her two hands seemingly looking smaller compared to Johnny's large ones. "I'm okay, I promise." He said with a chuckle, throughly entertained at just how protective and adorable Veronica is acting. "Right. Sorry." She said after a brief moment. 'He's a grown man; he knows how to handle himself.' she internally scolded herself and brought her hands back to her lap. "Can you get some drinks for us, Babe?" Johnny asked as he put his hand in the bowl of ice, and sighing in relief from the pain. "Yeah sure." She said, returning Johnny with a smile. "A Coors please!" He added, as she stood from the couch. "No, No. You're not drinking tonight." She nodded as she put her hands on her hips. "Aw, what?" "I'm going to make something better than your beer. It's going to get you healed up pretty nicely––trust." She said, flipping her long hair over her shoulder. "If it's not you in a cup, I'm not drinking it." Johnny said with a scoff. Veronica giggled and rolled her eyes at the comment. "It will be good, trust me." She leaned to his level, laying her fingers at the bottom of his chin and giving Johnny a short kiss before leaving to the kitchen with a pep in her step. Johnny smirked to himself as he watched her figure leave into the kitchen once more; his gaze lingering a little farther down than usual.

Veronica opens one of the cupboards in the kitchen to grab two small packets of hot chocolate; one thing that Veronica had bought a few days ago when Johnny was teaching his classes and she went on an impromptu adventure to the grocery store. She smiled as she grabbed the packets, and opened the cupboard that held the glasses and mugs too. Reaching her hand and struggling to reach them, she had to lift herself up on the counter to reach the mugs. Suddenly, there are three knocks on the door. "I'll get it, don't worry!" Johnny announced as he headed towards their front door. "Kk!" She yelled as she got the mugs and laid them on the counter. She looks over to the front door from the counter and sees that Johnny had let Carmen in––who was holding a Tupperware container filled with a portion of certain food. "Oh! Hi Veronica! Didn't think I would see you on top of the counter!" Carmen said with a smile, seeing Veronica perched up on the countertop. "Haha yeah. I'm too short to get the things at the top of the cupboard. But that's why I keep Johnny around." She laughed and Carmen joined along. "Hey! I thought I was more than just your footstool." Johnny said with a chuckle. "And don't worry! You are so much more!" She said with an adoring smile as she patted his arm.