Beautiful Accident

KUN

I drank the water and sat beside Xueer. "What was that?" she asked with her face full of curiousity.

"Nothing, just provoking them." I said answering.

I finally had some time with Yuxin but I never thought her ex, she's denying it but I see him as her ex and he still has feelings for her. Why would he react that way if he doesn't have any feelings left. Well, not a threat at all. Surprisingly, I don't know if Zheng ting is still acting or becoming real. This twist really.

"Aren't you going to join the next game?" Xueer asked.

"I'll pass." I replied. Still thinking deeply I went and get a bottle of beer. I saw Zheng ting from a distance so I decided to go talk to him. I get another beer and offered it to him which he gladly accepted.

We were just silent while observing the others play some games. More like awkward, I haven't talked to him since the night he told me he'll act as Yuxins fake boyfriend. "Don't you have something to say?" he asked breaking the silence.

"Nothing. How about you, do you have something to say?" I replied with a serious tone. He better not betray me. When I finally found someone I'll get serious with, my best friend should not be hindering me.

"Rest assured Kun. I'm still me. But why are you dragging Xueer into this?" he replied as he drink his beer.

"I see. Good to hear. I'm not dragging her into this, you did." I said slightly laughing which made him raise his eyebrow.

"What do you mean by that?" he asked with a face full of questions.

"This is what you get when you are being a gentleman to everyone. The moment you agreed to be Yuxins fake boyfriend you also dragged Xueer into this." I answered trying to hold my laugh. My best friend is never slow when it comes to this but I don't know what happened to him.

"You are making me confused here, would just get to your point." he replied scratching his head

"Xueer likes you stupid Zheng ting." I said tapping his shoulder.

"She does? Like, like like? My gut feeling was right after all." he asked.

"Yep." I replied nodding my head. He did not say anything he just rested his back on the wall thinking hard.

I looked at him and he looks so bothered by this. "Do you hate the fact that she likes you?" I asked

"Not really. It's quite normal, you know this. I kind of don't want because I know that in the end, she'll get hurt. We never really stayed in a long relationship. Both of us." he replied looking serious. Why did he suddenly turned serious. Is it because of the beer?

"How can you say you'll end up hurting her when it hasn't even started." I replied. I know the answer to my question it's just that, I want him to know it's worth giving a shot. We never stayed in a long relationship because we never liked the girls we dated. We did it to satisfy them. They said they liked us so we'll give them a taste of happiness and also end it real fast.

He did not asnwer my question and just stayed silent. "Why don't you give it a shot. You never know. I started the bet but I did not know I'll see her differently." I said drinking my beer.

"Wait, are you really serious with her?" he asked looking really surprised. Well, I can't blame him, even I am surprised by this change.

I was about to answer when a girl's voice suddenly interrupted us.