CHAPTER ONE.(THE OAT)

Careful with wishes.
        Speak less in pain mind your speeches.
        The walls have ears,so does ancient spirits.
          Even evil want to help mend broken hearts.
         But always with a price tied to the earth.

       That night Nse laid quietly as usual broken ,soaking her mat with tears ,its being 17years  since she's been married and she hasn't experienced motherhood. The chief priest seemed not to find a solution ,the various places she visited had no answers ,she has been drinking herbs for 15yrs yet no solution. What else can I do ?she thought .Nse  ..obong called silently  are you still awake? Nse gave his response with silence ,he need no one to tell him why she was still awake .see my dear you are not the only one in need of a child ,l am also sad about our condition but we don't create children but the gods kno..Please don't even mention the gods Nse interrupted  .How am I sure they exist ? How long have I prayed to them ,it appeared that Nse  was going into rage ,why do they choose to punish me ?who are the gods?Quiet woman ,reduce your voice before the gods make our condition worst or strike you to dea..let them strike me to death Nse fumed interrupting Obong enough of this gods she burst out crying .obong drew her to himself consoling her.it is going to be ok ,obong assured her.Obong do you know I will soon loose you ?your family members are not happy with us,they want me out!the want another woman  to replace me and you are telling me its ok .she kept muttering words till she slept off .
   Who are you? NSE asked a very old looking  woman and why is this place without colour ?why are the grasses and trees gray?the woman looked at her and smiled ,her skin was wrinkled ,she had no teeth and her hair was pure gray but her smile was so full of peace and smile. I am you ,she replied.I am you at old age ,and the gray world you are walking in is your grave..Nse body was filled with goose pimples ,she tried running but her legs were glued to the ground. How ,how am I you? she asked the old woman stammering. Come with me I have something to show you .l am going no where she replied the old woman.sorry you don't have a choice immediately Nse feet left the ground and pushed her entire body forward toward the woman
Follow me she commanded ...NSE  's legs were moving and she went up to the mountains dragging her by her hands. "Look down! When Nse looked down she saw people below the mountains  it was like a big field and greenish ,people moved through and flow  ,then something strange happened the old lady climbed down  and they entire  population stood in a single file their numbers  were endless and in chorus they spoke "we  are those before you ,we are souls that roamed before ,from now to centuries ,we are your ancestors and we cant end here we have to keep going ..As they spoke the bright light in the field grew dim but the old woman said not what they were saying and Nse asked her why she is saying a word and she replied"i am not dead"l am not yet an ancestor ,i am your future ,i am you the constant smile in my lips signifies you will die in peace and an eye watching over you and your husband ..does it mean  i will be a mother ?Nse asked .well i have a son and l am you the woman replied. But l must warn you .in your desperation and heart felt wishes to have a child becareful  with the child you will have for right now your  husband is having the same trans you are having now and your ancestors and his are descendants of two clan of gods who were equally powerful and deadly ,they were rivals and enemies of the spirit world their dispute was just who will take over the spirit world and they are not done the child in your womb  be a beacon to a war to be extended to the land of the living she said...wait are you saying i am pregnant NSE asked   .Yes you are ,the woman replied ..what are the names of  the gods ? NSE asked ,AMADIOHA is the god of your husband clan and SANGO the god of your clan.but wait ,I have heard of these gods  who are thunder gods of the Igbo and Yoruba tribe respectively but I and my husband are members of the ibom tribe ,how are we related to these tribe ?Nse asked both ancestors are  not  Ibom ,they only settled there .she answered. How did you know all these since you are my future ?in your life time on earth a medicine man will narrate it to you  ,that is where i got it from .tell your husband  all these and be prepared the king gods  of each world will extend their fight to the land of the living And have a dual on earth but another  force will seize their  popularity and silent their name then prepare humanity for a new world and destruction of the earth..after all these words a heavy wind blew Nse to her body she woke up finding her husband sitting . were you dreaming he Asked?Nse narrated the dream it was similar to obong own ..these gods may seperate us because of war.what do we do ? Lets take a blood oat obong suggested  they picked up a little blade and pierce their individual thumbs joined it together and say these words The gods of our clan may be powerful but the blood of our love shall repel their will for our seperation and nothing will keep us apart for we belong to each other forever they unlock their thumbs licked the blood and made love that night.