CHAPTER 2(PRESSURE)

Let me think .
        Give me chance to drop my       cup after a drink.
          Your presence make me weary of life.
            Your words hurts like cutting my fingers with a knife.
     Let me be,let me breath.
     Give me space let me walk the earth.
      Always on my path ,always on my skin like a tortoise shell.
     Stay a bit far and mind your words must I ring a bell,?
     You really made my life hell.

Obong!Obong!! a loud voice was calling obong's name at the same time using his fist to bang his wooden door ..who is that!obong thundered ,what is it?do you want to break my door ?wait let me open the door  .he took away the heavy stone he used to hold the door and it sprang open .Okon why are you hitting my door like this ?he said frowning his face slightly .Goodmorning okon replied  ,sorry my brother l just wanted to speak to you ,okon said politely .Okon was the childhood friend to obong he was in his early forties and was of normal stature of an adult man he was bronzed skin ,average and had large eye balls  which bulges out even when he is not opening his eyes wide ,he had a very gentle voice and was very slow to anger ,he was a peaceful man and everyone admired his nature ,like obong he was also a wealthy farmer ,he was also into fishing and in some occasion he would hunt at night with obong
  OK what do you want to tell me this morning? Obong asked.Get me  a seat first  .ok obong replied took him under the mango tree outside his hut where they sat on a big log of wood. Eh obong what is going on in your family?okon asked
    Rhetoric question obong replied .is my story  unknown to everyone in this village?
NSE !NSE!! Yes my husband Nse answered ...get me palm wine and kola inside. Wait  oh !its too early for palm wine okon said with a grim.. The belly never rejects anything because of the time it is being eaten.okon replied.
   Few minutes later nse came back with what obong asked for .thank you my dear..
The two men sat down discussing after pouring liberation and breaking the kola nut .
  Obong tell me the situation of things ,okon said.. My dear friend my family members are pushing me hard to take a second wife ,but i can't imagine myself taking another .l know my dear friend and i understand the both of you love each other adding to the fact she was your childhood friend .But you have to check your age,you aint getting younger anymore ,who will inherit your yam barn ? When you are gone ,you have so many farm animals  ,you are the richest  man in the whole community and beyond but if i may ask  where will these wealth be when you are gone? Okon i understand your point but .no but okon interrupted ,you are not yet a man without a child .l think i should be going he announced ,goodbye my friend  he adjust his leopard skin body cover and left .Obong face fell to the ground ,he was buried  in the sands of thoughts .he was under pressure from both friends and family because of childlessness .Just last week his mom called him a woman .he stood up went inside   and lay still on his bed.

Nse heard the conversation and was broken at heart ,tears rained down .Obong i think you should do  what is required of you ,she yelled as she walked into the house.
Nse remember our dream and oat .Spare me that nse responded l need my child or you can get one .she raved  ,that day didnt go well with the couples ,they sat side by side  without saying a word to each other..
     The sun went down and the birds were returning to their nest but the bats filled the sky .the evening was very dark ,the moon didnt show up just   after dinner the both couple retired to their bed but non had sleep in their eyes ,both were thinking.
  I will loose obong if he gets a second wife and it won't be easy  to share my husband with another  woman .These thoughts got her scared and brought sadness upon her.

What do i do? The constant drums of getting a new wife is really turning my life up side down l love Nse .what is all these ?Obong kept lamenting within
.