THE DIALOGUE

When the land is without rain the king address the village.
  When there is little yield farmers deepens the tillage.
No one keeps quiet in a meeting when he has boils in his groin.
  Sound the gong the rabbit left its hid out
  Sound the ikoro let there be a turnout.
  For there is a fire in the hurt.
  Get water let's quench it.

Obong hope you are aware you are not getting younger?our people said that on one look for a black goat at night.you know why we called you here or do you want me to tell you that the mango tree over there is yielding fruit for the thirteenth time and you are older than the mango tree yet you can't produce even a miscarriage Ekong sounded with seriousness in his tone. Ekong was obong's uncle and he took care of him ever since his father passed away at his age of twelve.he was a tired looking old man with red eyes and brown teeth .his brown teeth was as a result of the snuff he applies daily in his teeth.
Baba I have heard you but its not our fault...whose fault is it ?Adiagha shouted at him your wife is a witch she has eaten all her babies .Oblong looked at his kid sister and kept quiet.she is barren ,she is good for noti...
.shut your mouth up ,how dare you speak about my wife in such embarrassing manner .do you know you insulting me?Obong could no longer contain his temper . why should she talk to you like that when you are just a lion without a mane.I am getting older I need a gra
ndchild from my only son .help me this  boy ,do something.
  Mama it isn't easy oblong replied
  Enough of all these noise now ekong commanded
Obong our next gathering should be for welcoming a new wife or baby
I have spoken .the meeting ended
Ekong give me little time ,I can't marry another wife I love my wife so much .obong pleaded.
We understand you but no matter how lovely a tree appear to be without fruits  it is no better than a shrub .we need a grandchild before the next season l have spoken. For what use is the rain on a withered plant ?is it at your grave that an heir will emerge?ekong said with a shaky voice and gradually they left .
My husband why didnt you tell them I am no longer a man NSE said smiling ,don't worry the ant hill is never hidden Obong replied with a grin..
Come in and have your meal I made your favorite Fufu with oily afang soup you will enjoy it .NSE said looking at her husband's eyes .is there any time your food doesn't taste like you?obong teased.