▪°▪ two ▪°▪

"So what are we gonna do at your party?" I ask Clay.

He turns to me, getting ready to talk. The teacher said if we were done with the assignments, we could do whatever we wanted. So the classroom wasn't too loud, but it wasn't quiet either.

This is my favorite class, mostly because of the teacher and Clay. The teacher is so chill, he doesn't care what we do as long as we did what he asked.

"I have something in mind. It's gonna be really big." I lift my eyebrows, wanting to know what it is. "But..." He becomes silent, with a small smile on his face.

"But..." I repeat.

"I can't tell you."

My shoulders fall, and I lean back into my seat, rolling my eyes. I hate when people do that.

"You're so boring," I unlock our eye contact.

He softly chuckles, looking at the teacher to see if we're still ok to talk.

"But, maybe if it snows we could have like a snowball fight. Or make yellow snowmen."

"Oh my-" I shut my eyes, cringing but laughing. I hear him laugh louder than me, laughing at his own joke. "Ok well, what if it doesn't snow, what are we gonna do?" I say, opening my eyes again.

"We could... I don't know, do Secret Santa?"

I quickly smile, feeling nostalgia.

"I haven't played that in forever." My smile remains, and Clay reflects the smile.

"Me neither, it's been at least 3 years."

"Oh! You have to tell me, what was the worst gift you've ever received,"

"Ohhh my god," He looks up, remembering, as his smile gets bigger. "I used to think socks were the worst gift, but this- oh my god."

I quickly laugh, wanting to hear his story. "What was it,"

"Ok so, a little background story, one time, my brother-" He cuts himself off by wheezing. "my brother got grounded and he took all the toilet paper and hid it," He once again wheezes, I laugh, imagining it. "and my dad was squatting with his pants down-" I let out a loud laugh, as does he. "searching the whole house for the toilet paper."

"Did you guys find the toilet paper?" I say, laughing.

"No-" He wheezes after he answers my question. I lean back in my chair, laughing through the little story. "So, he not only got me, but everyone toilet paper." He emphasizes his tone when he says 'everyone'.

Me and him sit there for awhile, just laughing at his story, keeping our voices down as to not make too much noise.

Suddenly, we hear the intercom come on, meaning someone from the front office was speaking. Everyone looks up, even though we can't see anyone but the ceiling, and become silent so they can hear what they have to say.

"No need to panic, but there is a snowstorm heading straight for us. Due to this cause, school will be out." My eyes light up as I turn to Clay. "If it continues to snow in the morning tomorrow, school will be cancelled for the day. Buses with be here soon, I've informed your parents, and for the people walking home, stay safe. Have a good day." The intercom turns off.

Me and Clay talk through our eyes, we were gonna go to his house. My parents aren't home right now, and I doubt they want me staying home by myself with the snowstorm. I also just want to go with Clay.

The teacher was saying things, but I wasn't listening. School is out, I'm out.