▪°▪ twelve ▪°▪

The room was a different shade. It looks as if it was splattered with red paint. The one single light bulb was now a light shade of red, making the room, the walls, everything look red. But it wasn't paint. It was blood.

"Darryl you've always been nice to me. You've been nice to everyone. Yet, I'd let you go if you didn't witness... this. Guess that's a shame."

"No, don't," My breathe was catching up to me, it was like my lungs only let in a little amount of air.

"Don't do this! Not to Darryl!" Zak was furious, his wrists had been bloody, most likely from trying to get out. Out of all people, Darryl didn't deserve this.

"Don't cry Darryl, I'll make yours quick! You won't feel a thing!" 

Darryl was crying, looking down, like he just wanted it to be over. He didn't look at anyone, not even at Clay. Only the ground, as his tears hit his lap.

"Please, not Darryl." I say, pleadingly. Yet Clay doesn't look at me.

I look at George once more, he wasn't looking at the wall anymore, instead at Darryl. He had a single tear running down his bloody cheek. I could barely see his chest moving up and down now, I could tell he was about dead.

"CLAY." I was angered, and sad. "STOP. STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP." I wiggle around in my seat, throwing around my head.

He looks over at me, having an expression I can't really understand.

"I'm doing this for YOU. So WE can be together,"

"Ok! Ok, leave them out of this, you can take me!"

"No, no," He shakes his head. "I need to show you, that they, are not for you. Not Punz, or anyone."

"Don't..." I say softly, still letting tears fall. When was I going to stop crying? I have to run out at some point right?

"Sorry Darryl, I really am."

"NO-" 

Zak couldn't even finish. Darryl and him were best friends. It was something about seeing the axe in the air, about to strike, it made me feel uneasy, and terrified. I was going to sit here, and watch my friends die. I don't even know if I'll get out alive.

The axe didn't cut through Darryl's head all the way, leaving Clay to get another swing at it. It sent Darryl's head right off the socket, rolling on the ground. 

Zak couldn't look at it, he was frozen. I don't want to look at anyone. I only turn to George, wanting to see if he was still alive. But he wasn't. His eyes were completely dull, skin pale and a bit green. I didn't hear what Clay said to Zak, I was mourning. But all I heard was an angry yell from Clay, and Zak out of his chair.

He was out of his chair, standing. How did he get out?