A day with Agneta

Hans's POV

I got up to help Agneta with Lara again.

"Say, Hans. Do you want to go into town with me today. It can be like a mother- son day?" She asked and I was so happy that I hugged her. I never spent anytime with my family. My dad was always busy and my brothers acted like I never excised.  After we had finally been able to put Lara asleep, we headed out. Today was the summer festival,  I love the festivals here. Music drifted through the streets. The smell of food mixed with some other sweet smell tickled my nose. I saw six girls cartwheel past us, I realized that one of the girls was Margarethe. She waved to me as they did some walking handstands, I waved back then she did a flip and landed on her feet at the same time as the other girls. I clapped as they stood up and waved. I didn't understand how they just did all of that and I was sure I would never fully understand. I saw her walk over to me.

"Hey, Hans! That's your name, right!?" She called and I nodded. Her wavy brown hair hung in her eyes, she pushed it back to reveal her dark amber brown eyes. She was wearing a baggy pale brown shirt with short ripped pants with dirt smeared on them. I wondered where she got the boy clothes, probably from Klaus.

"Hey, That was amazing." I said as she walked closer. She had a wide grin on her tanned face. She looked like she loved complements. 

"Oh, it was nothing. Me and the girls find that as easy as walking." She laughed, It was a light cheerful giggled more like. I felt a hand on my shoulder, it was Agneta.

"Hans, who is this?" She asked as she looked at Margarethe. Margarethe stepped forward and spoke before I could introduce her.

"I'm Margarethe Alling, ma'am." Margarethe said with a swift bow. Agneta was still staring.

"Sorry, if this is rude but why do you look Avalorien but have a English name?" Agneta asked and I looked to see if Margarethe had found that offensive but she only smiled.

"I get that question a lot, ma'am. Here let me explain, I was giving that name by the orphanage master." She said and Agneta gasped.

"You're a orphan!" She gasped and pulled out a coin. She handed to Margarethe. Margarethe took the coin but she looked confused. Agneta explained why she did that. "For the show, spend it wisely." Agneta said before Margarethe cartwheeled away. We continued walking and checking out the activities. Agneta got me a caramel apple with chocolate dipped as well. We eat then as we walked.

"So, how many friends do you have?" Agneta asked as we made our way up a hill.

"Well, I have only two if you count Margarethe as a friend. I really barely know her." I said and took another bite of my treat. Finally we reached the top of the hill. We sat down under a small willow tree. The view was beautiful, you could see the people running around and you got a nice peaceful north breeze. 

"Pretty, right." Agneta said and I nodded. Agneta sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I saw Agneta look to a small carving in the tree. It said "AB + NB". I became even more confused as Agneta ran her hand along the carving. 

"You know how you're friend is a orphan?" She asked and I nodded, she sighed again. "Well so am I and those letter are my initials." She explained but I still didn't understand what the other letters meant.

"What about the other letters?" I asked as I pointed to "NB" on the tree.

"Those were the initials of my friend. He was like a brother to me. We even gave each other the same last name so we could be related. His name was Niels Borre." She laughed then sighed with a happy smile on her face.

"What happen to him?" 

"He got adopted and we were split up. The night before he left we carved our initials into this tree." She told me. I thought she would be sad to say that but she was smiling. "I just know he's in a good home with a loving family." She said and I hugged her but I could help but wonder if the same would happen to Klaus and we would lose contact. It made my sad just to think of that even happening, what would my life be like without Klaus in it?