Prologue- Part 2

"Mommy, can Victor come over tomorrow?" I asked, tightening my hand in hers as we walked past the school entrance gates which were a shiny gold. 

"Do you want to play with Victor?" Mom questioned. 

"Yes, I miss him." I hadn't seen him since Note's birthday last month, and his parents were too busy to bring him over. 

"I'll take with Victor's parents after this and see if we can go pick him up. He can come with us and stay the night. I'm sure neither his parents would mind," Mother reassured me. 

"I can't wait," I jumped. "He's going to be happy."

I felt excited to see my best friend. We've known each other for as long as I could remember, and his parents were friends of Mommy and Daddy.

We reached Wind Plaza. A large fountain was in the middle. Little flowers in various colors surrounded it. A woman stood not too far away and was wearing the same long cloak uniform Mommy did. She even had a similar witch hat but Mommy's had embroidered symbols which she said was because of her position at the school. 

"Sang, wait here. I need to have an adult conversation with Ms. Lansford," Mother announced. I nodded distractedly, too concerned with staring at the large castle structure and passing students who smiled at  me.

"Okay, Mommy. I'll stay by the fountain," I replied. Mom walked over to the woman with long lavender hair and they began to talk. I walked over to the bench and sat down, kicking my legs happily as i hummed. 

Eden was doing her own thing, but I knew that she'd be back before we would eat. She was a familiar with a mind of her own, and I was happy she at least listened to me. She rarely listened to Mommy or Brother. 

I glanced at the nearest side tower, staring at the highest balcony. Note had taken me up there when he had his school tour and said that was where they would train to use levitation magic and other flying spells. There was a magic circle that would activate if anyone couldn't accomplish teh spell, which would make some wind thing that would catch them so they didn't fall. 

It was one of the many cool things that the school had to offer. I just wished it wasn't an all-boys school. The girl school was on the other side of the city, which meant i'd be far away from brother.

He wanted to become a professor here just like Mother, but i wanted to be here with him too. I continued to ponder the situation as i saw a few students walk out onto the balcony.

"Brother?" I cheered, spotting him. I jumped off the bench and ran to where mom was. I began to tug at her cloak while continuing to star at Brother's figure high above. 

"Mommy! Brother," i said. 

"One second, Sang," Mother replied. 

"Good morning, Sang. You look lovely today," I heard Ms. Lansford say. I tugged my eyes away from the scene above to give her a courtesy bow. She smiled at my poofy pink dress with a blue ribbon. Pink was my favorite color, and blue was Note's favorite. "Hello, Ms. Lansford."

I looked upward again and tilted my head in confusion. "mommy?" I called again, feeling a little worried about how close brother and another boy with orange hair were to the edge. 

It didn't look as safe as it had the last time we'd come. I looked around for the other teachers who were supposed to be present during the flying sessions, but I couldn't spot anyone else in black cloaks and hats. 

I tugged on Mommy's cloak again, harder than before, biting my lip nervously. They didn't look like they were having fun up there. Brother and the other boy looked like they were fighting.