Chapter 11 Maths

Get up, wash and clean yourself, eat breakfast, quick tidy up, bathroom, get ready ready and go.

And that ladies and gentlemen is my daily routine for school days. It ain't fun no.

I walk towards the kitchen, passing Chris' piano on the way.

I stared at it like I did three years ago, always looking at him in awe and loving the music he produced out of just an instrument.

I wondered every time how, how can a nice, kind, loving, adoring handsome brother and son be gone in such a young age. It wasn't fair, life isn't fair, it never is anyways.

"Cass hun, you're gonna be late for school, come down now." As always, mum reminded me of school, another bad thing in my life.

"Coming mum," I mumbled silently diverting my eyes from the piano to the stairs.

"Cassie, you know well enough not to miss breakfast!" She scolds at me once I reach downstairs.

"Sorry mum, won't happen again." I muttered. I heard her say 'good' before a flying unicorn that poops rain-fricking-bows went my way, smacking my face.

"What the heck?" I shout in shock.

"Language young lady, I thought I taught you well." Mum sighs sarcastically, trying-but-failing to laugh at my gobsmacked face.

"What the flamingo is happening here?" My brother Chase came down from the stairs I was on a few moments ago.

"Chase!" Mum scolded at him. I laughed at his expression, "yeah?" He asked weakly. Mum gave the him a hard stare.

She rolled her emerald coloured eyes like mine at Chase. "If you're going to go, go now, I don't want to see your face here anymore." Chase was completely shocked at what mum had said whilst I, being the good sister I am. Laughed my ass off. He looked at me like I'm some ridiculous clown that got loss in the circus.

"Cassie, why are you laughing your ass of?" Chase asked pouting at me.

"Language, young man! I thought I taught you well!" Mum yet again shouted.

"Yes ma'am, sorry ma'am." I could tell Chase was scared by his voice, his words were shaky and he was trembling a little. I laughed again until mum snapped her snappy fingers in front of me.

"Yes?" I gasped out.

"School Cassie, school." Rolling her eyes again she went behind my back and pushed me towards the door.

"But mum!" I complained, "I don't wan to go, it's freaking boring!" She glared at me again.

"Language, yo-"

"-ung lady I know, I know, geepers. I'm going, I'm going." I laughed at her and make my way towards my car. A red Toyota Camry, mum and dad gave it to me as a present for my seventeenth birthday, which I first refused to have. This damn car is expensive y'all and I don't want tobe those types of people who flexes on others 'cause of their car. I ain't that person even if I get a BMW, but right now, who cares anyways?

I get inside turn it on and ride a sweet, sweet ride to my nightmare.

~~~

"Cassie?"

"Here," I respond out boredom, who wouldn't? It's basically running all over my body, boredom people, boredom!

Anyways, I was in my maths class, a class I'm not really excited for. Oh, who the heck am I kidding, I barely like any classes, let alone maths! Who the fuck likes math anyways? Like, how many times do I have to tell you Algebra, I ain't finding your x, get over him/her already! Jeepers, and one more, maths please grow up, I'm tired of solving you problems. And lastly, I'm sure everyone knows this one, maths; mental abuse to humans. Do you maths teachers get what we students feel about your subject?

I guess not, since you still teach it. But, just wondering though, didn't maths teachers used to be like ... us? So shouldn't they actually understand how we, students feel?

Ugh, I just can't take these problems!

I don't care how smart I am right now, I'm going to ask the person next to me for answers.

Oh, right I forgot, the person sitting beside me is Carter. Again!

Oops, silly me.

"Berry, what's up with you?" His voice suddenly broke me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I asked, what was he asking again a pencil? Oh, yeah I have one in my bag. Grabbing my bag, Carter spoke again.

"What are you doing Cass?" He asked.

I looked up from my grey bag to him.

"You asked for a pencil, and me being the amazing, kind person I am,  I'm letting you borrow one." I said in one breath.

"Wow, slow down Cass, and by the way, I didn't ask for a pencil. I asked you what were you doing." He smirked at me playfully and I hit him in his shoulder, feeling his stiff muscles that he probably didn't even work hard for. I mean, have you seen this guy run?

He's like a human cheetah, I wonder if he cheats, get hehe, no? Yup Ima go ...

Just kidding!

But seriously, his parents must be real athletic cause dayum he's good as sugar.

Not that I have a crush on him or anything!

"Cass, you're doing it again." Carter's voice again spoke.

"Yadaa?" I asked.

He looked at me confused and concerned.

"Cass hey, uhm, are you okay?" He asks, I look at him with me eyes wide.

Shit, that's what I say to Sam whenever she butts in my thoughts.

"Uh ... yeah, yeah, sorry." I muttered embarrassed, who wouldn't be?

"You're cute when you're embarrassed," he whispered in my ear.

I shivered and smirked slightly, "and you're not, at all." I say and his eyes glimmered in amusement.

"Oh really now?" He asks. I nod in response, not bothering to speak, can't be bothered.

"We'll see about that." Smirking he turned away from me and focused his gaze on Mr. Wren.

I laughed silently to myself, recoiling the memory of my last math class in here. We were sorta debating about an equation. And this guy who named ... well I don't actually remember but anyways, I remember him and his debates and that scene, was fricking hilarious!

"Ms. Anderson, are you okay?" Mr. Wren spoke with a worried face. I looked around the room to see everyone's gaze set on me. I nod, trying not to let out my uncontrollable laughter.

"Perfectly fine sir, just remembering the last time we had maths in this class. You know, when we debated about an equation?" I tried to keep a straight face but me being me, couldn't. I burst out laughing and soon the whole class got it including Carter and Mr. Wren and all of us started laughing, sounding like dying hyenas.

"Nice one, Cass, nice one," Carter whispered in my ear as everybody else tried to calm down, they failed.

"I know Carter, I know," I whispered back, smiling at myself again. What a nice class after all.

A/R

Hellooooo, how's everyone? Hope you've been enjoying this book cause more chapters are coming!

Vote and comment if you like!

Thanks!

-ar