🎐Chapter 1🎐

~Jiyeong~

The bright morning light of the morning shone through the windows, which were the root cause of me waking up. The blinds had been opened and as soon as I sat up on the bed, I heard the door slamming from outside the bedroom.

It surely was no other than him. I quietly crept out of the bed and sighed.

'Seducing him for a role in a movie? If only he really knew what that hug was meant for...'

I walked towards the window and glanced outside, just to make sure he had left. As if on queue, his car drove out from its parking space and he left. I felt a wash of relief come over me, and I walked out of the room immediately.

I quickly got ready, getting a quick shower and dressed myself up in a pair of blue jeans and a long-sleeved beige shirt

I quickly got ready, getting a quick shower and dressed myself up in a pair of blue jeans and a long-sleeved beige shirt. I looked at myself in the mirror on the dressing table, so I could do my make up and to check if there are any hickeys left by him. It was so visible, and I knew I had to cover it up.

I did what first popped into my mind, I quickly rummaged through my wardrobe and found my lucky blue scarf and wrapped it around my neck. The hickeys weren't visible anymore.

I quickly made a sandwich and grabbed my bag, car keys and house keys, placed my phone and wallet in my bag, and quickly walked out and locked the door, while munching on my breakfast. I went to the garage and unlocked my black SUV. I quickly got into the drivers' seat and drove to the Starfield library, in the mall in Gangnam district. I didn't want to be late to the set on the first day of the movie shooting, so I increased the pace of my car.

I could see the mall just kilometres away. When I entered the parking lot, I could see him proudly parking his car into an open parking space. His grey sports car shone in between the others' dull cars.

He got out and walked out of the car, lifting his hand up to look at his wristwatch. A small smug smile formed onto his face right after. I quickly parked the car as soon as he left the parking lot.

It was 4 minutes to 9 o'clock. I quickly got out of the car and ran to the starfield library ignoring the stares of the people and the fans that were clicking photos of me and some were even trying to chase me. I ran to the set, without contacting my bodyguards to come to the parking lot, so that I couldn't be late.

At the entrance of the library, I could see him standing there. His smug smile dropped at the sight of me standing there, covered in sweat. The bodyguards spotted me and quickly came by my side, protecting me from my fans. 

"I see you're on time for once, Mrs Kim."  

I just looked at him and gulped, panting really hard, due to my sprint here. I looked around me and saw many bodyguards, who were blocking fans and other people, who weren't the staff, from entering the set. I was quickly escorted to the place where all the crew members were.

He gazed at the other staff members and spoke, "Good morning everyone, I'm sure you all know that we're here today to announce the final cast members for our next movie."

He quickly looked at me, and his stare was piercing through my soul. I was only lucky that it lasted for only a few seconds.

"Well, while I did decide the roles, I handed this very paper," he held up a folded piece of paper, waving it, "To the casting directors just to check if a recast was needed. I heard that most of the roles were switched, I haven't looked at the final cast either so don't get your hopes up high."

He gave me a quick look full of hate right before unfolding the piece of paper, his eyes widened a little before a little look of satisfaction crossed his face.

He started to announce each and everyone's role, but my name never left his mouth even once, leaving me a little heartbroken since he must've done it on purpose.

"And lastly," he stated, "Kim Jiyeong as the supporting female lead."

He folded the paper and stuffed it onto his pocket, "If any replacement of roles wants to be done, just inform me now. I won't accept any role changes after we start filming."

I looked at him from the corner of my eye in disbelief, but he ignored my gaze and just continued to talk away about all the rules and other stuff which I've heard for over a hundred times in my career.

Of course, he finally was finished with his whole list of rules and he dismissed everybody to have a short break.

He quickly walked towards me casually and shook his head in disappointment, "You're so lucky that I didn't cast the roles, congratulations Jiyeong."

I smiled a little," Thanks... V."

He quickly adjusted his tie and sighed. I took the opportunity to admire him in his beautiful dark Navy blue suit and sleek hair that was pushed back. The way the heels of his shoes clicked was just so intimidating, yet it sounded like music to my ears.

"Just because I let you off this time, doesn't mean we're on good terms. I hope you get that into your head..."

He turned around without sparing me a glance and walked away, leaving me to stand there, wishing that things were never the way it was.

I just wanted him to see my love. I'd give up my everything for him, but he surely wouldn't do the same.

I don't know when or how I became a gold digger in his eyes, but I knew that this one-sided love wasn't ending anytime soon.

While I was thinking about our one-sided love, I didn't notice SaRang, my best friend and a makeup artist under the company. She waved her hand in front of me, waking up from my thoughts, and worriedly asked, "What did that bastard say to you that you look so sad? Should I go and shout at him if he did anything wrong?" I chuckled and waved my hand in refusal, and replied that it was nothing. She shrugged and said, "Okay. If you want to tell me anything, just lemme know. What are best friends for?", and smiled. I smiled back at her and hugged her and said, "Okay. I am really glad to have such a caring best friend like you." She chuckled and both of us broke the hug. 

She is a very supportive friend of mine and I love her very much. She really helped me through my tough times, and we knew each other since High School and she had helped me survive through the drama of V.

{Starfield Library, Gangnam District, Seoul}