Day Five: Heart

*huffs* Ugh, was anyone else having difficulty accessing the writing section of Wattpad yesterday? Curses upon the network! (Or... Maybe just my computer. /).(\)

:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:

        "Thank you for coming on such short notice, Miss Angharad," Octavius Simeon greeted the auburn-haired woman smoothly, giving her an elegant bow, black coattails whipping up into the air with the simple motion. The lady giggled with inexplicable delight as he took her hand in his white-gloved one.

        "Please, Sir Galloway," she tittered hopelessly as he kissed her hand. "It's Misty. Misty Lucasta."

        Octavius raised his eyebrows fluidly. "Ah? First name terms, milady?" His dark brown eyes seemed to sparkle in his delight. "I like your style."

        Misty waved away the comment as though she didn't mind, but her host knew the truth. Misty Angharad was an interesting specimen, to say the least. A spirited soul who had taken to cheating men out of their money when her fiance died, if the authorities ever discovered the truth behind her, she would be arrested without a second thought. But Octavius didn't mind in the slightest; her heart would make a wonderful addition to his collection.

        The woman had taken to standing in front of the raging fireplace, the tip of her black and gray parasol resting upon the ground. She stared into the flames with utmost intensity, and Octavius wondered whatever was so interesting about the display. To be sure, he knew found what he found interesting about Misty -- her luscious red dress and tight, black-laced corset were just the icing on the cake -- but her ambitions and desires were beyond his comprehension.

        "I understand, Sir Galloway," she started finally, ever the businesswoman, "that there have been complications with my vault?"

        Octavius swallowed slowly, making his way over to stand aside of her. He followed her ever-insistent gaze to the dancing tongues. Of course, the issue with her bank vault was merely a ruse to summon her to his side, but he had to play his part and control his desires until the time was right.

        "Yes," he confirmed, voice a handsome rumble. "We have reason to believe that an employee has been entering your vault without authorization." He paused, allowing the revelation to sink in. "There has been no significant sum gone missing at this point, however it is protocol to inform the affected patron of any anomalies."

        Misty nodded, yet there was no relief in her gaze, just cold calculation.

        Octavius looked up from the flames and in her direction. "Are you not pleased to hear that your fortune is very much safe?"

        The woman shook her head, auburn waves dancing like the flames. "More than anything," she started, and Octavius could hear the tension in her voice, "I am displeased that I had to be called out here this late in the evening for such trivial information." She glared at him. "My time is valuable, Sir Galloway. You must pay."

        That was the cue Octavius had been waiting for. In a split second, he had pinned Misty to the wall, lust filling his gaze. The woman appeared slightly startled at his sudden advances, but that was to be expected. "I will pay," he purred, running his hands up the lady's curves, more than slightly annoyed that endless layers of clothing lay between them. "I promise." He drew his mouth close to her ear, lowering his voice to a whisper. "And I always keep my word."

        To his great surprise, it was Misty who made the next move. She grabbed him by the scruff of the neck, pulling him out in front of her so that he was forced to meet her curious gaze. Then, without warning, she pulled him up against her. "I like your method, Sir Galloway," Misty cooed, and before he knew what had happened, Octavius found himself with his lips pressed up against the deadly woman's, allowing her to take in his taste before gently regaining some control.

        He wasn't sure how long the kissing and groping lasted before he managed to remove his shirts, pushing Misty down onto the couch roughly as her hands explored his chest. Removing his hands away from the hungry woman momentarily, Octavius extracted a knife from the sheath in his belt. He held it up for Misty to see, a contempt smirk upon his face.

        "Are you particularly attached to this dress, Misty Lucasta?" he crooned.

        The woman batted her eyelashes, color filling her already-pinched cheeks. "Oh, it can be replaced, I assure you." She giggled, fingers roaming around the waistband of his jeans. "Octavius."

        A wicked grin lit up his angular face, causing Misty to hesitate, if only for a moment. But she soon commenced with her teasing, and Octavius went to work cutting her out of her dress.

        Quicker than he expected, the dress's top and the woman's corset had been skillfully cut away, and Misty's fingers started to explore beneath his waistband. Throwing the knife across the room, Octavius grinned leaning with his hands on the woman's bare chest. "You're beautiful, milady," he practically growled.

        Misty blushed as he groped around in his pant's pocket. "I'm glad you think so." She frowned, craning her neck to see whatever he was searching for. As he extracted a black chain with a red, heart shaped pendant, she looked up at him curiously. "Whatever is that?" she questioned.

        "A gift," Octavius replied with a broad grin.

        Misty squealed with delight, her hands leaving his pants momentarily. "You shouldn't have!"

        Octavius leaned down toward her, pressing his chest against her own, staring her in the eyes until their faces were only an inch apart. He gave her a sly grin as though he was about to entrust a deep, dark secret with her. Misty waited in apprehension until, finally, he spoke.

        "I didn't."

        A look of pure shock crossed Misty's visage as he sat up quickly, straddling her with a wretched sneer. Before she could react, he pressed the pendant to the woman's chest in the place above her heart, holding it there firmly. Smoke began to rise from the place of contact, and Misty screamed. Yet Octavius did not worry; no other tenants would hear, and if they did... His grin broadened significantly.

        As Misty's screams faded and her chest stopped rising and falling, Octavius disentangled himself from her, contempt in his eyes as he strode across the room to the fireplace. Swinging the portrait above the case outward on a hinge, he smiled at the flashing heart necklaces inside.

        And as he held up Misty's now-flashing necklace beside the other stolen hearts, Octavius laughed smugly.

        "Oh, Misty Lucasta... Don't you know that you're the gift for me?"