2.

A few days later, I waited patiently on the platform with my father for my best mate, Faye Bluebell, to arrive

She was a Slytherin like me, and my father loved her like another daughter. We became friends when we were placed in the same dorm our first year, and ever since she's been my favorite person.
"Hello strangers," she said, appearing behind us with the biggest grin on her face.
"Faye dear, how nice to see you." My father said, giving her a brief hug. His voice was
emotionless but I could tell he was happy to see me spending time with her and not the others.

"Good to see you as well sir, will you be teaching this year?" She asked formally like she always did around him.
"As a matter of fact I will, so I expect nothing but excellent grades." He replied with the smallest smile.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Ron boarding the train with Harry, and I felt a sudden wave of excitement.

"Well we should get going dad, I'll see you there," I said, creeping on my toes to kiss him on the cheek.
"Very well, be safe you two." He pulled us in for another hug before letting us go.

"Excited to see your little boyfriend?" Faye asked once we were out of his hearing range, nudging me in the side.
"I saw him a few days ago." I gave her a wink and she giggled.
"You two are so cute. Wish I could just man up and tell my crush I like her, but of course, you're much braver than I am." She said, sighing.
"Do I get to know who it is now?" I asked.

Faye's had the same crush for 2 years and has always refused to give me a name.

"I already told you love, you'll find out who she is if it all works out. I can't jinx that kind of stuff." She wrapped an arm around my shoulders as we made our way into the train.
"Well, I'm sure it will. You and a pretty girl hand in hand will be the greatest thing Hogwart's has ever seen, I just know it." I said.

"Speaking of pretty girls, where's Luna?" Faye asked, looking around for our little blonde friend.
"Hello," Luna was behind us, staring off into space per usual.
"Hello gorgeous," Faye kissed her cheek and Luna smiled.
"You guys want copies of The Quibbler?" She asked, pulling out a stack of newspapers.
"Of course," I said, taking one from her hands.
"Business is getting quite good these days, my dad loves it." Luna handed a copy to Faye as well.

"How is your dad? I haven't seen him since the beginning of the summer." She asked Luna as we took our seats.
"He's well, he's been asking me about why we ki-"
"Anyways Luna!" Faye yelled over her.
I gave them a confused look but chose not to say anything.

"Hello ladies," Harry interrupted, appearing in the doorway of our coach.
"Need to borrow Eleanor here for a moment."
"Go right ahead," Faye said, laying her head on Luna's shoulder and closing her eyes.
"I'm gonna take a power nap."

I stood up and followed Harry out into the hall of the train, closing the door behind me.
"Everything okay?" I asked as he walked me somewhere.
"I'm calling an immediate friend group meeting," he replied nonchalantly.