17.

The doors to the great hall swung open and I marched alongside Hermione and Ron as the the three of us plus The Order faced my personal greatest fear

About 20 minutes after we received word that Harry's whereabouts were exposed, him and Neville took everyone else from the room of requirement to an emergency meeting that Severus called for all students. The three of us left met up with the adults and waited for a cue. I wasn't sure what our plan was or if we even had one at all, but I knew if anything was true it was this: we were no longer afraid.
All that time in hiding was merely to prepare for this exact moment and we felt beyond ready for whatever nightmare waited inside this castle.

The room erupted into gasps and whispers as we made our way forward and I nervously squeezed Ron's hand while my wand stayed at the ready in the other.

The only person who didn't seem the least bit amused by all of it was my father, who was staring directly at me.
Harry was in the center of everything , his fist shaped into tight balls of pale knuckle as he left Severus in what seemed to be a state of both shock and confusion.

"How dare you stand where he stood!"
He shouted, referring back to our past Headmaster, Dumbledore.
My father said nothing, instead he moved his focus away from me and gave Harry a bored and uninterested stare.
As the rest of us stood guard, Harry prepared to give him a piece of his mind.

"Tell them how it happened that night!" Harry continued.
"Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man that trusted you, and killed him. Tell them."
Severus pondered for a moment, but offered no explanation to the rest of the students who were unaware of their professor's involvement in Dumbledore's death.
Instead, he immediately drew his wand and aimed it at Harry.
As quick as possible, Professor McGongall leaped from her spot against the wall and shoved Harry out of the way, preparing to take on Severus on herself.
The rest of us raised our wands as well but didn't move even an inch.
My father hesitated once again, like he was debating inside his head whether he really wanted to hurt her or not.
It was McGongall who made a move first, shooting bright blue light from the end of her wand but it was quickly deflected.
She tried again, but to no avail my father was quick on his feet, dodging each and every attach she sent his way.
When he realized she wasn't going to stop, he transformed into a cloud of black smoke and smashed through a window, disappearing out of sight.
Students all around us cheered and clapped while Ron let out a sigh of relief into my ear.
Suddenly Mcgonagall marched her way out of the hall and everyone followed, including The Order.

"Let me get this straight professor," Neville said to her as I caught up to them.
"You're actually giving us permission to do this?"
"That is correct, Longbottom," she replied confidently.
"To blow it up?"
I could hear the excitement in Neville's voice grow larger.
"Boom!" Mcgongall shouted back, making the rest of us giggle slightly.
"Wicked," I chimed in.
"But how on earth are we going to do that?"
"Why don't you discuss with Mr. Finnigan, I hear he's got quite the specialty in that department," she suggested.
"Don't worry, I can bring it down," Seamus confirmed, appearing next to me.
"That's the spirit."
McGonagall waved us off and we obeyed, running down the steps to assist Seamus and Neville.