Chapter 9, Prairie.

It has been six years since I became pregnant. Five years since I gave birth to a baby girl at age seventeen. We named her Noe, and she is half-human, half Beyond. So basically she is human, but she can walk through walls, she can fly, and she can turn invisible if she pleases. Noe loves being half Beyond because she can do things her human friends at kindergarten can't. We make Noe tell her friends it is all just a magic trick, to keep the secret of the Beyond safe.

Noe joined gymnastics two years ago when she was three years old. Because she is part Beyond, she can fly, which is a huge perk. It helps her get her gymnastics to the next level. While most five-year-olds are still in level one, Noe is in level six. Her class mainly consists of eleven and twelve-year-olds, except for Noe, of course.

I still can't believe it. I half died at age sixteen, had a baby girl at seventeen, and now, at age twenty-two, expecting twins, a boy and a girl.

"Mommy!" Noe said, bursting through the door. We live, now, in a gorgeous three-story house, suburban-style.

She came over to me, touching my bulging belly. "Hi, Noe,"

"When are they coming out?" Noe asked. At that moment, Cody walked in. He came over to us, leaning down to Noe. She touched his face, giggling as she glided her hand along his beard.

"Someday soon," Cody said. I jerked. A sudden sharp pain arises in my belly.

"And by someday soon, daddy means today," I told Noe.

"Is it time? Are you sure?" Cody asked.

"Yes I'm sure, I've done this before, haven't I?" I said.

It took about five hours but I got the triplets out of me. Yes, triplets. There was a surprise baby. Isabella Grace came first. Then Ashleigh Mae. Then Nolan Michael.

"I love my sisters," Noe said.

"And your brother too, right?" I asked. Noe shrugged.

"Not so much, no," she said.

"Noe Marie!" I scolded. Cody came back into the hospital room after he had been gone using the restroom. This isn't a regular hospital. The doctors here are people like Cody, human but can see and interact with the Beyond.

"Okay, fine, I guess I like Nolan," Noe said.

"Noe," I sighed.