Chapter21

"Push back all my meetings again. She's not better yet" Nicholas ordered Jared. 

"Sir people are getting rough, If we push back your dates people will begin suspecting-"

"Fine, fine I'll be there in an hour" Nicholas grunted as he ended the phone call and got up as he watched Juliet for a second, she had fallen asleep again and she looked rather peaceful.

"Watch her, if she wakes up call me. Do not under any circumstances let her leave" Nicholas ordered his maid.

She nodded aggressively to ensure her listening skills. Nicholas adjusted his suit buttoning one of the buttons on his overpriced Armani suit.

Grabbing the car keys he left.

***

"So you'll be here tonight? Are you sure that's when the flight will land?" Cynthia asked.

"Yes Cynthia I've checked a million times I'll be here tonight and tomorrow we'll come up with something." The other line said.

"Alright, Okay then come straight here no need for a hotel. Nicholas owns the majority of hotels and lot's of connections and if he finds out-"

"I know Cynthia. He was in love with me I didn't forget everything, Besides even if he did find out I was staying in his hotels he'd practically come running to me, it would make this favor a lot easier" The other said

"Yeah but you know we can't do that. Nicholas is over you, he's moved on. You have to hit him where it hurts this would be too easy" Cynthia said as she bit her lip.

"Yeah yeah, whatever Cynthia I'll talk to you when I get there" The other line went dead as Cynthia huffed.

If she messed this up to her career, her life she built up would all be gone. And most of all she'd lose Nicholas, no She'd lose to Nicholas.

Gathering her thoughts she sat down and turned on the T.V as she slumped back and watched. She didn't know if what she was about to pull was good for her, but it sure as hell wasn't bad.

***

"So he's gone, right? Emily?" Juliet asked the maid who looked dramatically worried.

"Yes but-"

"Alright well let him know I went out," Juliet said as she got up, she definitely wasn't better but that wasn't going to stop her.

"I can't let you go Mr. King had given me clear orders I can't lose my job-"

"Emily, you won't lose your job I promise. If he gets upset the blame will be on me. Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you okay?" Juliet said as she held Emily's hand.

"But Mrs,-" 

But before she could protest Juliet was already out the door just to be caught by Nicholas. The infuriating predator she was held captive by.

"You know, I thought you'd be smarter." Nicholas chuckled a dark one. Not the playful one he gave off when he impulsively insulted her.

"I'm sick of this Nicholas. I have a life to live and it sure as hell isn't on your couch." Juliet protested as she tried to walk off.

Nicholas grabbed her arm and pulled her back. His jaw clenched hard as he tilted his head in a taunting way.

"You're not going anywhere" He demanded looking at her with a darkened expression.

This was the part where she was intimidated by him. Thus being married to him she still fell to his feet when he wanted.

"I-" She stuttered as Nicholas gripped her arms and pulled her back in the house.