IV

For  @samcreations69

November 11, 2020

The climactic battle at the desert island with thousands of recommended characters and the new alliances of two over two months ago had proven to make the war much bigger. New fronts from the north, west, and south had opened up, and the Alliance of Goiky was formed, along with the Federation of III. Heads of state Oodle, Crayon Box, Highlighter, and Computer joined as new generals, and the Sea, Air, and Land Forces were officially established. Over the past two months, skirmishes and islands in distress were our major concern against the enemy. Over seven islands had fallen to the enemy in an coordinated attack, but neutral factions had anticipated for the war, refusing any aid or allowance into their islands. But that wasn't the news I was focused on.

Lance Corporal Coiny was my first mate.

---

Strange sounds echoed through the far sides of the plains. What started as a slight jumble turned into a howling roar of crumbling. Some dots seemed to approach in the distance, too.

"What was that?" Cake asked.

"I don't know," I said. "Stay there. I'll come to you."

But just as I was about to come across to her, a massive epxlosion deomteated inches aaway from teh two of us.

"DRONE STRIKE!" I yelled. "Everyone, get back!"

The gap between us caved, and I saw that the only way to get out was... to get onto the boat.

"Hurry, Everyone! Hurry!" I yelled, leading seven of ourselves onto the ship. Ruby, Flower, Leafy, Firey, and Needle were shoddering all over the deck, but Coiny then jumpsed on me, knocking him over.

"Coiny!" I reprimanded.

"You never would have made it!" Coiny said.

"Guys, behind you!" I shouted, noticing the drones.

"What's happening?" Cake asked.

I didn't know how to sresponsd, but then I saw, looking at a bridge to my port side.

"Go to the bridge! You'll be safe on the other side of the sea at Yoyle City!" I yelled.

"No, Pin! No!" Loser shouted.

"I'll meet you there!" I assured the two.

"Pin! No!" Loser replied.

"Guys, you have to get out of here! Go! Go now!" I ordered the two.

"NO!"

---

"Stay alive! No matter how long it takes, I will find you!" Pin promised.

"Loser, this is all my fault." I mourned. "If I had just listened..."

"Cake! This is not your fault, okay?" Loser assured me.

"What if I never see them again? And the last thing we did was fight!" 

"Hey, Pin is the toughest most awesome leader  I've ever met," Loser said. "She'll come back for us. That's a promise."

---

"Come on! Help me turn this thing around to Youle City!" I yanked the steering wheel. "They need me! We gotta get back!"

"Buddy, this thing's too big to turn. The current's pulling us out." Coiny observed.

"You know, I once heard that bad news was just good news in disguise," Leafy said.