Chapter 1 Dreams

I don't mind planes, they aren't a fear of mine. The plane ride was pretty boring. I got off the plane and then I finally got to the housing. I had three roommates, we are all going to be on the second floor. On the bright side, we all get our own room, and maybe we can be friends. It was a normal 2 story house. When I got inside, there was a guy in the living room, on the couch. Probably one of my roommates. He turned around and smiled at me. He had Blonde hair and striking blue eyes. He was muscular, but not buff. He was around 5'9 ish, which was way taller than my 5'2. He walked over.

"Hey I'm Josh, and you must be the last roommate." His voice was masculine but not very deep.

"Yeah, I'm Avery. Where is everyone?" Be confident, be confident, be confident.

"Oh, yeah. they're in their rooms getting settled. I've already moved in all my things." He seemed nice enough.

"Ok, I'm gonna go put my things up. I'll see you later?"

He nodded and I went up the stairs, there was only one door open and thankfully it was empty. I put my stuff on the ground and put my bed sheets on the bed. That was all I really felt like doing at the moment and I was really hungry. I looked up the places to eat around here, thankfully there was a McDonalds within walking distance. It was a 10 minute walk at most. I went downstairs and there was a new face. A Brown hair guy, he looked pretty lanky. We did a short introduction, his name was chase. He also said that when this girl Abby was finished in her room we would meet. I was beginning to worry if there were only boys.

I was walking when I felt eyes on me, so I turned around, but no one was there. I was only less than 3 minutes away, maybe I was just being paranoid from being in a new place. I expected the feeling to go away when I got inside, but it didn't. I tried to eat quickly because the sun was setting. I went home and even when I got inside I couldn't shake the feeling of someone watching.

When I got inside I saw a blond haired girl, must be Abby. I walked up to her.

"Hey, I'm Avery, you must be Abby." If I was going to live with her might as well start off on the right foot.

"Yeah, nice to meet you. If you want to you can hang out with me down here."

"Sure." Maybe we will be friends.

We watched tv and talked about each other. She seemed surprised when I said I was from new York. I still could shake the feeling of being watched. I told her I was tired so I went up to my room. Classes don't start for another couple of days. Maybe I could know my way around the area. I drifted asleep while thinking about it.

I felt something on my cheek. I opened my eyes, but they were greeted with darkness. I was about to go back to sleep when I heard someone.

"Beautiful." I should've been terrified that someone was in my room, but his was oddly comforting. His voice was smooth, masculine, and deep. My eyes stared to adjust and I saw two green eyes staring back at me. It was oddly calming. He was crouched down with his hand on my cheek. His thumb was moving back and forth.

"Who are you?" How did he get in? Why was he here?

"Shhh. All in good time my beautiful angel. Now sleep." Suddenly I felt even more tired, I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. Once my eyes were closed he kissed my cheek.

I open my eyes and immediately close them again from the bright light. I groaned and rolled over. I got up and still felt like I was being watched. Then I remembered last night. I wrote it off as a dream because my window was locked, how could anyone get in?

I went to the bathroom to get ready and still I felt watched. I was just being paranoid nothing to get upset about. I went downstairs and everyone was already up. I went to the couch and sat down.

"Hey, Avery, we're all going to a party tonight, wanna come?" Josh asked while he plopped down next to me. I've never been to a party. There's a first time for everything.

"Yeah, sure. What time?" I tried to act cool about it, but I was really excited.

"We're leaving at around 9, so be ready."

"Okay."

I did literally nothing all day besides watch tv. I know that's not healthy but I didn't feel like doing anything today.

When the time came, I took a shower and got ready. I wore a flowy sundress with straps. It came down to my knees, and it had a floral design. I went downstairs and talked to Abby.

"We're going to have so much fun!" I think she was already tipsy. We had to walk to the house, I was glad it was close. Outside people were talking, making out, and other stuff. I felt eyes burning into my back, but when I turned around no one was looking at me at all.