Chapter 3 Distractions

It was pretty uneventful. I walked in and picked a seat. No one talked to me and I didn't talk to them. The professor was mostly talking about what was to be expected of the school year. I wasn't really paying attention. I couldn't think of anything besides last night. Who was that man? Why did he save me? Was I just making myself believe it was the man in my dream when it was someone else? Did that person murder him? If he did, then why? I was pulled out of my thoughts when everyone started to leave. I left and when I got home I plopped on my bed and tried to think of ways to turn my brain off.

Maybe I just need a distraction. I went to Abby's room and knocked. She opened the door looking confused.

"Hey, do you wanna hang out?" She looked a little hesitant.

"Sure what do you wanna do?"

"Can we just talk?" Maybe if I hear about other peoples problems, It'll help me forget my own. I felt kind of bad for using her a distraction, but on the bright side she was getting a chance to vent. Win win.

"Sure, come in." She seemed less suspicious. She started to talk my ear off about her home, childhood, family, romantic life, and even her pets growing up. This was an amazing distraction. It wasn't like I wasn't listening, I was very invested in the conversation. I just was subconsciously thinking about last night.

I looked at the window and it was dark outside. has she really been talking that long? I checked my phone and it was almost 11. Wow she barely took a breath that whole time. I interrupted her, because I found myself becoming very tired. Which was weird because I don't really get tired until later. My sleeping schedule has been out of whack as of late, I don't know why.

"I'm really tired so I'm going to head to bed, I'll talk to you later." I got up and she smiled.

"Yeah, okay. see you tomorrow." I went to my room and fell asleep almost immediately.

I felt something on my waist. I opened my eyes and I felt something pulling me. I looked at my waist and I saw a pair of muscular arms around them. I'm pretty sure someone was in the bed with me. Normally I would've shot out of bed and screamed bloody murder, but this was different. I wasn't scared, it felt safe. He leaned in and whispered in my ear, "What's on your mind?"

I had no idea what to say to that. It was very hard to think when I could feel his body against me. I finally came up with an answer.

"Did you kill that man from last night?" He pulled me closer like he would never let go.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that, I let my anger get to me. I would've done it eventually, I just should've waited so you weren't there." He sighed then pulled me even closer. Did he just confess to a murder?

"I will make sure no harm, comes to you, and if someone so much as looks at you the wrong way I will make them pay." What was so special about me?

"Why?" He laughed lightly, it was like music. It sounded like heaven.

"You are the most important thing to me." He leaned into my neck and inhaled deeply.

"You are one of the weirdest dreams I've ever had." He laughed again, but this time it went on for longer. It was perfect. He leaned into my ear.

"It'll all make sense soon, but for the time being, sleep." I didn't want to go to sleep, I wanted to talk to him more. I was getting really tired, although I wasn't that tired not 2 seconds ago. I was almost asleep when I felt him plant a kiss on my neck.