Chapter 12 Psycho

After he left I went into the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked horrid. I looked awful. I went bad into the room and looked into the duffle that was here last time. I took out my toothbrush, toothpaste, and some clothes which Cole stole from my house. Creepy. I went back into the bathroom and got into the shower. It was weird to shower in the dark, even though I could still see it wasn't the same as having the lights on. In fact there weren't any lights that I could turn on, in the bathroom or the other room.

  I probably spent an hour in that shower. I brushed my teeth and brushed my hair. I felt way better than I did before. I put on my clothes and sat down on the bed. I started thinking. Last night I drank blood. I felt I was going to throw up. I guess since I'm not as thirsty as I was before I could think rationally.

    I spent the next couple of hours thinking about pretty much everything, but then I got very, very bored. I started to get more thirsty, to where it hurt. The thought of drinking blood disturbed me but I knew If I didn't I would be in a lot of pain. For another hour I tried convincing myself that it's not that gross. By the end the hunger had come on full force. I grabbed the cup with red liquid in it and drank it. It didn't give me a buzzing feeling, but the pains had lessened. I could think about other things, but that only lasted for maybe 10 minutes.

    Why didn't I feel the buzzing like I did from josh? I started to think about Josh. No, his blood. It was all I could think about. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. When I opened my eyes I gasped. I was in my room, where I was last night. I got up from the bed and started to walk forward, but a burning sensation stopped me. I drew back and looked at my hand. It was burned, well not anymore. The burn started to fade until it was like nothing had happened at all. Sunlight burned my hand.

   I could smell other peoples blood in the house, hear their heartbeats. All I wanted to do was go after it, but the sun was preventing me from doing that. I'll just have to wait a little long, it looked like the sun was setting. I sat on my bed and waited for 5 minutes before I got impatient. I started to pace the room, the hunger was unbearable. I looked at the window across the room and the sun had almost set. After a couple of minutes it was dark out.

   I went into the hallway and went to josh's room. At the time this made the most sense. I opened the door, we looked at each other, his eyes widened. I shut the door and he sprang up.

"Get away from me. How did you even get in here!" That was a good question, I'll have to think about it later. I started walking over to him.

   "You're a monster!" I felt something in my chest, then I realized I just growled. At the moment it was pushed to the back of my mind. He started to try to get away, but I grabbed him and pushed him against the wall. He struggled but my grip was firm. I took a deep breath and his scent invaded my thoughts. I didn't bother with his wrist this time, I went straight for the throat.

   I heard his screams and I didn't care, his screams died and his heartbeat was slowing down way faster then last time. I was still very thirsty, I wasn't done. His heartbeat was way too slow now, he'd probably be dead even if I stopped right now. I heard a scream from behind me, way more high pitched than Josh's. Abby. I pulled away from josh and dropped him. I turned around and Abby was staring at me in shock while backing away slowly.

   I made my way over to her and bit into her neck. I just wanted the pain to end, I still wasn't thinking clearly. Her screams began to hurt my ears so I clamped my hand over her mouth. Her blood tasted way better than josh's and his was amazing. Even after I wasn't in any pain anymore I didn't want to stop. A couple of seconds after I couldn't feel any pain anymore, my conscious came back to me. I pulled away and looked at her. She was still alive, but I tore out her throat without even realizing. Her breaths were labored. This isn't good.

   I had her lay down and the wound was bleeding, a lot. She was trying to breath, but she couldn't. I couldn't do anything to stop her from dying. after a couple of seconds her heart stopped beating. She's dead. Josh is dead. The reality of what just happened came crashing down on me. Suddenly I couldn't get enough air into my lungs. At least now I know vampires can have panic attacks.

   I backed up into a corner and tried to get deep breaths. I couldn't stop looking at them. They had families, friends. People were going to miss them. I didn't just hurt them, I hurt everyone close to them. I didn't think I could do this.

   I heard the lock from downstairs turn and someone walking up the stairs. I didn't move. I should pay for this, I cant just walk away like nothing happened. Chase went down the hall and opened a door. He shut it and walked towards the door for the room I was in.

   "Hey Josh do you know where-" He noticed what happened to his friends and screamed. Then he finally noticed me in the corner with their blood all over me. I realized my eyes were definitely still red and my fangs were out. He probably already put the pieces together.

    "I'm sorry," The words flew out of my mouth and I hadn't put much thought to them. I said sorry for killing his friends. I started chuckling. I killed his friends and all I can say is I'm sorry, what is wrong with me? I think I'm having a psychotic break. I stopped laughing and looked up at him. He was trembling. Then he bolted. I could hear him outside on the phone. He called the police.
   "She killed them!" He was hysterical.
"Who? Who killed them?"
  "Uh, one of my roommates. Her name is Avery.
"Where are you?"
   "I'm outside of the house. She's still inside, I think."
   "Okay, what is the address?" Chase said the address and I could hear his panic.
   "There's something wrong with her! She had these red eyes and fangs!" I had to calm down before they came and saw me. I tried to breathe in and out. My fangs were gone.
    "Um, okay. I'm going to send paramedics as well. The police are 5 minutes away. Stay calm."
   "Okay." He started to take deep breaths.
  "Get farther away from the house."
  "Okay." I heard his footsteps get farther away.
  "I think she might be crazy. She was laughing."
   "Okay." I started to hear the police sirens.
  "Are you still there?"
"Yeah. Wait, I think I hear sirens now."
     "Good." The sirens were very close now. Right next to the house.
   "Tell them to be careful. There is something seriously wrong with her." I heard the door open downstairs, then them coming upstairs. The door to the room opened and I kept my head down.
   "Get up!" The voice was harsh, rough. I slowly picked myself up. I looked at the people in front of me. They had big guns, but I wasn't scared.