N I N E

N I N E | demon or light

The next one after Jisoo is Mingyu, the clumsy puppy boy. He's the tallest one among them, and also the one who always cooked for them at the mansion. He loves to cook, and maybe that's why everyone likes him. He loves to make people laugh with his clumsiness, and it's not an unfamiliar thing for them to see Mingyu break something again. Even if he's clumsy, he's good at controlling his blessing. He's so good, that almost all the teachers love him.

Besides, he is also famous among the students. Boys want to be like him — tall, handsome, and hardworking. Girls want to be his girlfriend, as he is handsome.

Mingyu's blessing is the red demon, the small demon who looks like a cat and always sits in his pocket or on his shoulder. Not everyone has this blessing, since it was very rare to find, especially on earth. Everyone who has these blessings always ends up as a demon or someone who lives in the Underworld. This blessing is very powerful, and many people who have it always use it to do something bad, just like demons.

But not Mingyu. He hates it when people look at him like he's disgusting and try to run away from him because they are scared of him. That's why he decided to be the Guardian. So that people like him, and want to be his friend. That's why he wanted to be a good person.

At first, of course everyone looked down at him, even his parents did. They laughed at him because they believe that he's not gonna be the Guardian in the future. Why? Because he has dark magic blessing. People hate dark magic blessings. They despise it. No one wants to be closer with people who have it. His parents always say awful things to him, so that he can change his mind and be a bad person too, just like them.

But Mingyu is strong. He didn't care of what people said to him, of things they did to him, and how they looked at him. Because he knows that he can be better than them. He can change everything they say about him. He can change the way they look at him. He believes he can.

The first thing he did when he came into the small, dark room, is he warms his body up. Well, he can let his body hurt while doing this mission. After that, he stands awkwardly in the middle of the room. To be honest, this is the first time he entered this room. Even though he's a sophomore, he never entered the blessing room last year. His freshman year only filled with him studying and studying again, to be the best among the best.

After a few minutes, Yeri rang the bell and a hologram monster came out and stood in front of him. He's Derinka, the big monster, with white and sharp teeth. His body was wrapped by black fur, and at the end of his body is a tail that was wrapped by a throne. Derinka is tall and big, taller than Mingyu, and he looks intimidated as always. He's not afraid, that's what he always told himself. He can kill him, of course!

"Marie, out!" He shouts, as loud as he can, when he sees the monster. The small demon now comes out from her place. She grew bigger and bigger, until she was bigger than the black monster. Now, the cute cat is gone. She looks so scary with her bright red fur, and a tail that was on fire on the back of her body.  Both of the demon and the monster fight among themself, while Mingyu stands behind them, watching them. They are fighting too well, and none of them are showing that they're gonna lose.

They attack and attack each other, but Derinka is not giving up. He tries his best to fight the demon in front of him. Mingyu hates waiting. He wants to let Marie kill the monster on her own, but he knows that she can't. He has no choice but to help the demon. "Marie, let's team up!"