Chapter 4

Yemi had practice, football practice I think, so I was alone in the shop,my dad had gone out and there was only a few customers, it was a hot Saturday afternoon after all.

I was dressed in a gray shirt and black trousers, I had planned to wear a gown but I had to be flexible enough to run around so I opted for the simple dressing.

I was behind the counter writing my 2000 words essay when the door went open, my eyes travelled from my books and landed on the figure at the door dressed in plain tee shirt and grey sweatpants.

He ran his hand on his hair and I watched his movement, he still had his signature bored expression and on his face, Yes, Snr Ayo was in my bakery.

I couldn't deny that he looked better in muffti than uniforms. I comported myself and walked to his table, his hands were already busy in his phone.

"Sponge cake and a pack of cold orange juice"He said once I asked for his order, his eyes never left his phone, he was typing with so much speed and I quicky served him.

He raised his eyes slowly from his phone and those brown eyes landed on me, I could see he had something he wanted to say, the way he squinted his eyes like he was remembering something.

"I know you" That was first thing he said.

I kept a pointed look like I wasn't happy my crush recognized me. I was only dancing zanku mentally.

"Kelechi Williams, the smartest girl in Ss2, I always see you in school"He had a smile now and my insides melted.

"Snr Ayo I never knew you'd know me "

"Why won't I, you are always at the top of academic ranking each session though you suck at sports"He smirked.

I do suck at sports, can't run, zero skills in playing football, basketball or whatever, I was part of the spectators, I never engaged myself in anything.

I smiled a little.

His voice was soft like the patters of rain, I just wanted to keep listening to him make small talks with me.

"Are you always this shy, you aren't this shy when you are munching your snacks at the cafe"He said already chuckling.

" Are you stalking me now?" I tried hard not to smile too much.

" Not really, you sit at a very strategic place in the cafe so my eyes always go there"He explained.

" Why do you always have a bored expression on your face?" I found myself asking.

" Funny question, I just don't know, it's my normal face" He replied with a smile.

" I like your grey shirt" He told me suddenly,the shirt had a picture of Wizkid.

" Wizkid's fan?" I ask and he nodded and I felt like hugging him.

" Same here,I'll be behind the counter just in case you need anything"I told him and excused myself. I can't believe I just had a chat with the cutest boy in Elites and he even knows me.

I tried as much as possible to focus on writing my essay but my eyes kept going back to his seat,I watched the way he typed on his device,sip his juice and eat his cake. It felt beautiful just watching him.

I noticed he was done and so I pretended very hard to focus on my essay,he was at the front of the counter already.

"20" He told me.

I raised my brows at him,what was the meaning of 20. He pointed at the last question of the maths excerise that I had given up on.

"How?"