Chapter 5

There was a Nigeria and Ghana co-hosted show happening in the central area of the state, it was not so far from where I lived and I had convinced Yemi to follow me and it seems everyone in school was attending too.

So on the Saturday it was happening, my dad had given me approval and Yemi had appeared without his car, I wanted him to know what it felt like in a train.

"I don't fancy train rides, too much people, this would be my first and probably last"He rubbed his palm together. He was dressed in a simple denim jacket and white trouser.

"It will be fun trust me" I took his hand and we boarded the train and located our seats.

"I heard Burna Boy would be coming" Yemi told me.

"Lies, Burna boy is kinda too big for this show no offense, I don't mean any disrespect. But honestly, you know I don't get why African countries are always competing with each other"I said and relaxed better on my chair.

" But this show was organized my two countries"Yemi noted.

" I'm not even talking about the show, you and. I know that Nigeria and Ghana are always competing in everything down to even jollof rice, crazy if you ask me"

" But it's just a healthy competition"

"Tell that to some people and it's always Nigeria vs other African countries, have you seen Western countries dissing each other on social media? "I asked him.

" You are beginning to sound like you are about to start a revolution"Yemi teased.

" I wish I could you know but this country especially is messed up,the old people keep blaming the young and the young people are more focused on arguing about Davido and Wizkid,when it comes to politics,we all go mute"I sighed.

" To avoid getting killed"Yemi whispered.

The train was moving at an incredible speed and Yemi was checking his phone. I scanned through the faces of other passengers, the older ones were just relaxed on their seats,most of them having creases and wrinkles probably due to worry,I wish I could read their mind.

I typed in my password and clicked on the orange app, Wattpad,I hardly read books again due to my schedules,I was currently reading a Nigerian book.

I stuck my eye phones and listened to Vibration by Fireboy. My jam.

We soon got to our destination and it seemed the whole country was in attendance.

"God, such a huge crowd" Yemi exclaimed as he took my hand and navigated among the throng of people made up of mainly young adults and teenagers. I was wearing a white gown and my jacket I hand just in case it got cold at night.

Kidi was already on stage,he was a Ghanaian musican that came into limlight with the release of his first single,Odo. I liked his smallish frame,he reminded of Wizkid.

"There is a stand for food,we could buy some food and drinks" I barely heard Yemi due to the noise.

He pulled me  along and oh well,the food on display looked quite appetizing,we bought a plate of Nigerian jollof and Ghana jollof.

"So which do you think is better?" Yemi asked me as he gulped the can of soda,I watched his Adam apple as they bobbled.

"Ghanaian jollof" I admitted. It was was so tasty and damn that spicy feeling.

"Unpatriotic girl,their jollof has nothing on this one" He boasted and I only snarled. So I was unpatriotic cos I aired my opinion, typical!

I looked at the upcoming musician on stage,he had chains all over him and his dressing screamed razz.