01 Pretty

Hello! This is my first fic so please be nice!

This is based off an old fic I read almost 10 years ago but I can't remember where I read it. 

Won't hold y'all to long in this A/N. 

Happy Reading! 

R.

________________________________________________________

She was 13 when she first saw him. 

Well, not actually met him. She kind of forced him to meet her. 

He looked really tiny for his age at first. Scruffy and thin, wearing a white shirt that hung rather loosely on his shoulders and a pair of camouflage shorts. He just finished a fight at the Basketball court in the park where it started when the resident bastards bothered him as he listened to music in his fancy laptop minding his own business and...is that a mini keyboard? 

The older delinquents always hated people who shone, or that's what she thought. They were laughing at him when he said he's going to be a famous musician and rapper one day.

"You're delusional." one kid with a weird undercut said. "You're going nowhere."

"Yeah well, stop talking like you're in front of a mirror, Hulk." the boy spat. "Bet your mother regretted the day she gave birth to you and saw that face."

OoOOOOOOoooooo.

She was staring at them with disgust in her eyes because that guy's group is just really notorious at bullying people half their size, but smirked at the boy's sharp tongue. 

As the insults died down, it concluded with buzzcut boy pushing him into the ground, took his notebook and stepped on it while his ugly nosy laugh filled the spring air. She snorted in disgust and proceeded to stare at the pretty pretty thing in front of her. 

She was shocked at how his skin looked like pearls, with lips too pretty to be blessed to a guy. His eyes were sharp and calculating, marred by annoyance of the situation earlier, but was quiet  nonetheless while he dusted off the dirt from his pants. His hair was pin straight, black as ink with bangs just hanging above his eyes. He was just...for the lack of a better word,

So pretty. 

His cheeks look so soft, noting it looked like those large marshmallows her mom puts in her hot chocolate during Christmas morning as she slowly walked towards him.

Muddied and kinda torn clothes sure, but she thought he looked like a dream. 

"Hey, you're so pretty." she thought again, out loud this time. 

The boy's head snapped to her direction, bewildered at her sudden compliment.

Her trance ended realizing she said that last bid out loud. Smiling sheepishly as she stomped her final step to break the distance between them muttering "Here, let me help you." with an arm extended, offering to help him off the ground. 

"Thanks." was all he could reply. 

"No Problem," she said, scrunching her nose. "You new?"

"Yeah." He said as he dusted the remains of the sand and mud, cursing at the stains because it won't go away. Head down, his frowns were etched in his face with annoyance on the whole situation.

She frowned too, looking at the shoe marks at his notebook. "...just ignore those buffoons. Since I got here, all I could see from their faces is that they hate people that shine." He looked up at her choice of words, thinking if he met her before for her to use the word shine. 

Realizing he never knew a foreigner since he was a child, he realized that it may just be a coincidence. 

"Can I see?" she said, picking up the said shoe marked notebook noticing the English letters A G U S T D on the cover. 

All she needed was a shrug from him.

She read his ridiculously is this even real? pretty handwriting. Flipping through, some pages has seen better days with random scratches of pen, corrections, sketches of Kumamon and cats....is that soy sauce??

Bogo sipda ireohge
Malhanikka deo bogo sipda
Neohui sajineul
Bogo isseodo bogo sipda

His eyes shot up. "You can read notes?" She was shocked that he can actually speak full coherent sentences.

"Sure can do!" She grinned at him. "Though I don't know how soy sauce sounds like."

He rolled his eyes at her lame joke. 

She laughed at his reaction, clutching the sides of the notebook and covered her face. 

When he heard those high pitched notes, his heart did a flip. Her laugh was so pretty.

"So...." she said, still looking at his notebook. "Musician, huh?"

"Yeah."

Silence.

Blink.

Stare.

Blink. 

Frown. 

Inhale.

Sounds of pages being changed and an occasional hum from the unnamed girl beside the unnamed boy. 

"Hey, I'm Renoir. Renoir Jang." she said, earning an eyebrow raise from the boy beside her. "Dad's Korean, Mom's French. Just got here 2 months ago before school year starts." she continued, as if part of a script. He snorted at her rehearsed answer. "Yeah, I've been asked a lot."

"Min Yoongi. Moved from Seoul." He replied. 

"Ah, my father taught me a little about these royal surnames. So you're a member of the Min Dynasty." She said, eyes wide with mirth. "Hello, your majesty." Bell-sounded giggles echoed with the swaying leaves of the tree and distant sound of shoes running on pavement. 

A quiet baritone laugh joined in as she playfully curtsied to greet the royalty. 

At that moment, she decided that his laugh was the best sound he's ever produced, years before he even begun his music career. 

.

.

.

Renoir_