09 Last Hurrah

Seven days before the wedding, she gave him the 992nd paper crane. 

Yoongi looked at her, his question lingering in his lips. 

"How many paper cranes do you plan on giving to me?"

She paused, finding the right words to answer his question.

She settled with, "Until the message sinks in."

"Or until you're married." he interjected. 

She didn't answer. Instead she stopped walking and looked up at the taller man, "You'll be there right?"

He wasn't able to reply immediately as his mind was trying to stop his hand from clutching his chest from the vice like grip that's haunting his insides. 

"Of course idiot." was all he was able to blurt out to her. He looked down at the dark green paper crane, not daring to look at her expression. 

When he finally had the strength to look up, she was still there, smiling softly at him.

"I'll see you there okay, Yoongi-ah?"

.

.

.

The day before the wedding, Renoir gave him the 999th paper crane.

"Well I guess i'm almost done wasting paper on you." Renoir grinned, handing him the folded piece of paper. 

"Does he know?"

"About the murder I committed 10 years ago?" she joked.

"That you're giving me Paper Cranes."

Her smile decreased in size a little. "Yeah he does." she said as she exhaled, "Seokjin is the most understanding person I know it's almost scary. He's actually happy that our friendship has transpired through time."

"...:"

"'Sides." she continued when Yoongi didn't answer. "giving paper cranes is platonic."

There was piercing silence after that. 

"Yoongi, I'm proud of you." Renoir finally spoke, breaking the ringing in the air. "You've come so far."

He hummed, thinking about how much happier he was than back when they were children. "Yeah...thanks. They took good care of me."

"And you published my song as a single! You should pay me."

"I already put you as the lyricist for Seesaw. What more do you want?" 

She let out a small chuckle at his frown over her joke.

"Yoongi-ah."

"What?"

"Are you seeing someone?"

Yoongi was taken aback by the question. It took him back then, the last time they had a serious conversation about things love related. 

"No." was all he said.

"Why not? You're very pretty."

Yoongi snorted. "It's been years since you called me pretty."

"That's because you are." she scrunched her nose. "But, seriously. Why not? I'm sure there are a lot of people showing interest towards you."

"I don't know. Too busy I guess." I only saw you. "I never saw other people that way."

Renoir waited for him to continue.

"I treat dates as sacred. I'll only go or ask someone if I really liked them. Love is sacred and I never viewed it as casual."