05 Restart

Part V (I had to.) 

Three years have passed when Renoir saw Yoongi again. 

After their graduation, Renoir went and followed her mother's footsteps and went to university to study fashion. It was also with the intention of leaving behind the nightmare that was looming at the skies of Daegu all throughout her highschool life and to avoid missing her lost friend every corner she turned.

Well, some of it. 

"Renoir!" Seokjin called out. 

Renoir turned her head to the sound of a man calling our her name. Seokjin kept in touch with her since they were attending the same university much to her surprise. 

She saw him at the recruitment days of the clubs for freshmen, standing in the drama club handing out flyers. As always since they were in middle school, he was always surrounded by girls, ogling over his good looks. It made it worse that Seokjin is also so well mannered that it makes them love him more. 

It was an insightful and sort of nostalgic day when she approached him. The moment he recognized her, he practically ran to her to give her a huge bear hug saying her name excitedly with his eyes watering with excitement. With the excited exchanges of "It's been so long"s and "how are you"s, it was a few minutes when they both noticed the confused stares they got when the popular guy was hugging a foreigner on the first day of school. He then just laughed, exchanged numbers, both agreeing to meet and catch up more after school.

This wasn't what she planned since she wanted a fresh start but realizing along the way, it was nice to have someone around with history. 

Since their degrees were both Art inclined, they were residing at the same building and had the chance so see each other whenever they can. However, at the same year they first reignited their friendship, the meet ups weren't as frequent as they have wanted since he was Acting Major and was then later scouted as an idol rookie at a small entertainment company.

She smiled as she reminisced while he jogged towards her, his winter coat bouncing as his foot hit the pavement.

"Seokjin-oppa!" She grinned at him, waving her hand as he jogged towards her. The air was chilly and when she exhaled, frozen air covered half of her face. "How's my favorite Kpop Idol?" His grin widened when he reached her. 

"I love how you offer me everything even if you know I can't eat them." Jin pouted at her.

"Well, one piece can't hurt you." she teased, wiggling the bag at him face.

Jin pouted further. "Don't patronize me. It's already upsetting that you have a great figure even if you eat whatever you want." He sat beside her. "You are coming tomorrow right?" 

She duster her hands to get rid of the salt that's accumulating her fingers. "Yes of course! I'm not missing the first ever fan meet of my favorite Kpop group!" You grinned again. "Do I get VIP Access?" 

"I'm pretty sure only a few people will come, but yes of course!" Jin smiled at her, but she saw through the smile.

"Jinnie-oppa, the industry always has been harsh and you knew that." She said, comforting the older boy. "Besides, we're not stopping just because there are people who baselessly hate us right? Only we need to know our own hardwork."

Jin hummed in agreement. "Also, I have a surprise for you tomorrow, okay?" 

"Yeah, yeah." She shooed him off seeing the sleep his eyes and body were begging for. "Don't practice again when you get back. You need sleep too!"

"Says you who just won't stop watching fashion shows that she missed my debut showcase." Seokjin playfully punched her shoulder before he stood up to leave.