03 Seesaw

"I love you." 

.

.

.

.

She froze, panic etched in her face realizing she said that out loud. 

TIme stood still as the melody enveloping the air earlier went to a halt and she heard the familiar creak of his swivel chair as he turned around. 

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh oh my gosh was all she could think of. 

"What was that Ren?" Yoongi asked. 

Renoir let out the breathe she didn't realize she was holding with the wave of relief that flooded her when she realized he didn't hear her. 

"I-", she said composing herself. "Nothing, I just said I think Mikrokosmos has a nice ring to it. Fits that melody." 

"Hmmmm.." He hummed in agreement, noting the title of the melody he's writing. Maybe he'll add lyrics to it somehow, in the future. 

While Yoongi was contemplating on his new song idea, Renoir was staring at the ceeling contemplating on her sudden epiphany that she's inlove with this pretty boy. 

She wasn't sure what and where can she pour these feelings to. She knew Yoongi never saw her that way.

After minutes of self reflecting, she got up, stole Yoongi's origami papers and started folding him paper cranes. 

.

.

.

"I'm bored Yoongi."

"Mmmmhmmm." 

"Yoongi."

"What is it, Ren?" He looked up from his notebook, slightly annoyed. 

"Do you think-" Renoir paused, a hint of hesitation on what she was about to ask. 

Yoongi waited. 

"God intended for giraffes to look like that or is it accidental?" 

"You're ridiculous." Yoongi said, dumbfounded at her randomness. He looked back down to his notebook, trying to get inspiration to write a song. 

A line, a verse. ANYTHING. 

He always hated writing slumps.

"Don't you think relationships are like a seesaw?" she thought out loud, looking ahead at the children playing at the seesaw giggling as the leaves slowly fell from the trees with cold air seeing through their skins. 

"How so?" Yoongi asked, curious at her sudden outburst.

"Well, first off, you can only play it if there's two of you." She started, smiling at the kid who smiled at her. "You have to give the specific force to that you can bring yourself up without hurting the person at the other end."

Yoongi hummed, signifying her that he's listening. 

"But if one gives too much pressure and the other person doesn't have the leg strength to cushion the fall, they'd end up hurting right? And more often than not, people who get hurt at first just brush it off without telling the other thinking that maybe, they didn't mean it. So the person on the other end keeps on doing it until the other one can't take it anymore. So what happens then? They talk it out?" 

She paused, thinking deep. 

"What if they disagree? What if the other one discredit the other's pain thinking they're over reacting and they've been using the same force since they started playing?" she continued, slight panic evident in her voice.