Ep 3: Campfire Tales part 2

Phi walked down the hallway in the direction of Theodore's office.

Ever since the tournament had ended things had settled down. Including Theodore.

Ever since Fubuki had joined their army Theodore had been distant. But Phi had something he needed to talk to them about.

Opening up the doors Theodore was hunched over his desk looking over old files.

"Phi, is something wrong?"

"No, but you've been... distant lately." Phi said, choosing his words carefully.

"Just looming over old files." He said not looking up. Phi came over looking over his shoulder at the file he was looking at.

"Project Vahagn the Original, you mean like Valerie?"

"More like the original Requiem, sit down Phi this is the story of Valerie."

Valerie was special, she had a natural ability when it came to blading. But she always had a big heart. Which made her the perfect prey.

You see back then she didn't really understand her power. But I did which is why she was perfect.

But back then I didn't have the patience to train her so instead I spent my time making the first Requiem.

Vahagn was supposed to be the ultimate bey but it wasn't perfect. I worked on it day and night trying to make it match Valtryek's power.

But no matter how hard I tried it was never perfect, never truly right.

One day she came into my office in a hurry. She said she was leaving. This broke out into a huge argument. She stormed out of my office taking Vahagn with her.

Vahagn couldn't just mimic others abilities it could also absorb others' light. It was only meant to be a prototype but her and bey were lost.

But Vahagn isn't like other bit beasts it was a real warrior at one point. It used to be real as you and me. In fact it's sword was in the same temple Free De La Hoya was in. It's sword was a powerful relic that was blue but over time other warriors realized that Vahagn was bad.

Using their power they sent Vahagn to an inescapable prison for centuries until it was discovered again. Discovered by Valerie.

Slowly it took her over leaving nothing left of that once caring heart. That is why in the old Snake Pit there was a cage for Vahagn.

"But the thing about the prison is that there has to be a prisoner even when that person isn't a criminal it's what keeps the balance of power."

******

"Good story Aiger, alright who's turn is it? Hyde you've been quiet why don't you tell a tale."

"Alright." Hyde took the flashlight from Aiger.

"I think this story you all enjoy."

~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~

Long ago when Phi and I were a bit older and still lived at the Dread Tower together we constantly competed against each other.

But Phi always longed to be better than me. He always wanted to be the best.

One day he challenged me, challenged me to see who was truly the best out of the both of us. He got very close to beating me and at one point I thought he was going to but he didn't. And it wasn't enough for him.

Enraged he left by our teenage years, along the way he met Theodore. Things were very different back then but Theodore saw the same thing in Phi back then that he still saw in him today. Power.

Which is why he was appointed second in command next to Gold Eye.

The reason they called him Silver Eye was because when he was younger everyone used to make fun of us because of our eyes.

Back then he used to take it too seriously causing fights and immaturity. But the Snake Pit was different there Phi could hide who he was.

Phi chose Silver Eye because of his long silevery hair. It was the perfect cover and nobody knew it was him.

Except for me, I was too smart for his tricks to not see what he was doing.

I tried to confront him but instead he only pushed me away. He was different from the last time I saw him.

But after a few months Valt and his friends stormed the place looking for Shu. And not long after things started going crazy. After Norman revealed his identity Phi felt exposed and eventually left not participating in the world tournament.

He stopped going to the Snake Pit and forged his own path. I didn't hear from in for years, the only things I heard were rumors like leaves blowing in the wind. But the biggest mystery was back then was who was Silver Eye?

Gold Eye was Norman, Red was Shu and Yellow was Richard. As for the rest of the colored bladers they didn't really matter as much because after Valt and his friends beat them they were booted out.

But the question still remained, Silver Eye was higher up on the food chain which made his identity even more interesting.

~~~~~~~~End of Flashback~~~~~~~

"That makes so much since now considering Phi doesn't have Silver Eyes." Vincent said, stealing another marshmallow.

"Which is why I figured it out so fast, it was really obvious."

"Wait so I've got a question, what do we do now?" Aiger asked.

The campfire was slowly dying down along with the laughter and joy. After telling stories all night the realization of what happened was starting to come back.

"I know."

Valt got up onto the log so everyone could see him.

"We're going back to BC Sol and gather the remaining bladers even if we have to fight Theodore for them. They have an army but we have a family. We're going to defeat Phi and Theodore free our friends and stop this war they've started."

Everyone cheered for Valts speech.

"Wait, that's nice and all but how are we going to get back to BC Sol?"

Everyone started laughing except for Aiger.

"Just leave it to me." Valt said smiling.