Ep 7: The Chase part 1

"Hey Aiger I think we're lost."

"Here let me see that map"

Aiger took the map from Drum looking it over.

That late morning Aiger and Drum had flown out to New York and of course neither of them had been to such a big place.

"Oh here we are we're supposed to go..."

All of a sudden a breeze of wind caught their map sending it up into the air carrying it like a leaf.

"Okay now we're lost"

Drum took off chasing the map jumping up and down trying to catch it.

"Hey wait up!"

Aiger took off too not far behind chasing Drum who was trying to catch the map. The chase took them all the way to Central Park.

Using his experience Aiger managed to dodge people catching up to Drum who was gaining on the map.

Aiger once again jumped up trying to grab the map but only succeeded in getting a paper cut. Stumbling a little bit Aiger fell behind.

Leaves covered Aiger and Drum as they ran through the bushes. But neither of them were giving up.

Drums face was turning a bright red color as he gritted his teeth. Aiger resisted the urge to laugh because he too was gritting his teeth and keeping his eyes on the prize.

Chasing the map reminded Aiger of the first time he was racing Valt through the forest.

"Oh no we're losing it."

Snapping him back into his thoughts the feeling of his heart pumping and lungs hurting came back to him.

The map was getting higher into the air.

"Drum give him a boost"

Drum slowed down running behind Aiger. Giving him a push Aiger speed up, sprinting towards an empty bench. He leaped up into the air grabbing the map. He landed perfectly on both feet and even did a little somersault for fun.

Aiger burst out laughing and so did Drum. At this point most of the people in the park were staring at them but they didn't care.

Looking back over the map Aiger knew exactly where to go. Shu was the first one on their list since he was the closest. Then Clio because his family's circus was in town and finally Joshua since he would be the hardest to find.

Folding up the map Drum was gone.

"Ahhh not this again! Drum where are you?"

Aiger walked around Central Park calling out for Drum until he got pulled down into a bush. Brushing off the leaves and twigs Aiger gave Drum a look but Drum didn't notice. He was too focused on what was happening in front of them.

Right before them stood two of the corrupted bladers: Zac the Sunrise and Free De La Hoya stood talking to Theodore Glass.

Instantly the mood in the air had changed and the tension was thick.

"I'm glad to know the two of you made here safely and more importantly... undetected. You two take care of Joshua and that Vampire. I'll go pay my old student a visit."

"Shu!"

Everyone turned their heads at Aiger. Free, Zac and Theodore turned their heads at the bush below. While Drum gave Aiger a look.

"Get them" Theodore said maliciously.

The two boys sped off as fast as they could. Free was really fast while Zac was trailing behind.

But despite how fast Free was, it was actually Aiger who had the advantage. He knew how to dodge people and knew how to get around. But Free too was gaining on him. Meanwhile Zac decided to take a detour.

Aiger's heart was pounding and it wasn't because he was tired it was because of Free. Free De La Hoya once the golden boy with a very chill attitude was now frightening.

His eyes glowing purple but what really scared Aiger was the dark atmosphere around the older boy. It was like Aigers greatest fear had come back to haunt him. Back when he used to be Phi's puppet.

On the the nicknames floating around BC Sol for Phi was definitely The Puppet Master. The way he just controlled bladers sent chills through Aiger because he too was once Phi's play thing.

"This way!" Drum pointed to a nearby park and Aiger followed. At the end of the park Aiger saw Zac get out of a taxi while Free was right behind them.

They were surrounded, Zac and his squad of roadies and Free and his speed. Aiger looked around for any kind of exit. Not far away a ferry was getting ready to leave. This was their chance.

Hoping over the fence Aiger pulled up Drum.

"C'mon this way." Aiger said, pointing to the ferry.

Drum got the message and followed Aiger. Cutting through the line of people the boys ran not daring to look back. Finally sprinting across the bridge they had made it to ferry right as it was leaving. Leaning over Aiger was heavily breathing in and out.

Zac held out his arm, stopping Free.

"Don't worry Free, the thing is not everyone can handle the big city. Compared to us they have no clue where they're going."

Taking out his phone Zac starting calling another taxi. Free glanced at the ferry one more time before following Zac.

Aiger looked back at Zac and Free one more time before focusing on the ride. It puzzled him why they didn't follow them.

"Hey Aiger?"

"Yeah?"

Drum had pulled up the map and was looking over it and he waved Aiger over.

"Hey Aiger I think we're heading in the wrong direction. This ferry is headed to the Ellis Island away from New York."

Aiger looked back, the city was getting smaller and he could barely see the streets or people.

"Aw man!"

Aiger sat down looking out at the sapphire sea, it sparkled in the sunlight. He let out a sigh.

I just hope Theodore doesn't get to Shu...