The car stopped some short distance away from the secluded bistro, which was symmetrically lined along with other cafes and bakeries. The busy street was humming with walking pedestrians and moving cars alongside. Resetto Cafe stood out relatively as larger than other restaurants in the same lane.

They walked out of the car and steadily moved with the flowing crowd towards their destination. The weather today was pleasant, with the whispers of breezy wind and light downpour. Reaching the entrance, Amaya nudged the revolving door, and a blast of cool wind hit their faces.

The inside was still as opposed to the buzzing outside. The air was suffused with the toasty smell of baked goodies and coffee beans. Amaya and Eira both found an isolated corner to sit. As soon as they settled down, the chirpy barista came out with her notepad and pen to take down their order.

"We'll have some croissants with brewed tea and make that for three." Amaya placed the order and turned around to catch a glimpse of Eira who was looking at her with an intuitive stare, "is someone else joining us? You ordered for three." The sisters had decided to enjoy a quick breakfast with each other today and thus the confusion.

Amaya fidgeted in her seat, "yeah, look don't get mad at me but I invited Huzaifa too. I thought if he had to meet you, this will be a good chance to do so." She didn't look up to see Eira who had gone silent in her place now.

The disbelief was evident in Eira's tone, "you're not serious, are you? You invited him when this was supposed to be just us two. Not to mention, you didn't inform me that he'll be here too!" She was trying to lower her voice but it was hard to curb the anger and her frustration.

Amaya felt guilty about hiding the news from Eira but she knew that it wouldn't have been easy convincing Eira to meet him otherwise. She didn't tell her that it was actually Huzaifa's idea. She knew her sister would walk right out this instant if she knew about it so she kept her silence.

Her voice had turned into a plea, "Eira it's just a meet and greet, and I promise it won't be much longer than an hour tops. Pretty please!" For the extra effort, Amaya rolled her bottom lip and gave Eira her puppy face to convince her. With a dejected sigh, Eira gave up and rolled her eyes at the unnecessary dramatic behavior of her sister. "Alright, let's meet him. But one hour tops! Not a minute more than that." Wagging her finger, she pointedly told her sister.

A smile bloomed on Amaya's face at her answer and she happily nodded her head. "And just by the way, he's already failing at first impressions considering he's running late on the very first meeting." The waitress was back with their order and Eira inhaled the rich aroma of coffee beans. "He's not running late. I told him to come a bit later than us as I wasn't sure about your reaction." Amaya gave her a sheepish smile as she told her about why Huzaifa still hadn't arrived.

"He just texted me! Oh my God, Eira he's here!"

Eira looked up from her breakfast to see Amaya who seemed as if she was about to start dancing in the middle of the cafe with happiness. She was shaking her head at her antics, "calm down, he's not some celebrity and you're making a spectacle of yourself." Moving her head slowly, she whispered to Amaya.

Just when Amaya quietened, the door of the bistro opened with a squeaky sound, and Eira glanced ahead at the man who just came inside.

His cowboy stride was at odds with the pristine, collared dress shirt and slacks he wore. There was a casualness to it that wasn't quite right in cloth so crisp. He walked with that assertive manner and when he reached their table and opened his mouth it was with a New York accent and the hand he offered to shake was manicured to perfection, the skin softer than a baby. His face was one of utmost confidence, whatever game this man played he wasn't habituated to losing. He grinned like a long lost companion and shook Eira's hand warmly with the perfect squeeze and eye contact. Eira reciprocated though hesitantly, she didn't trust a man so perfect, as far as he was involved the more ideal the image the greater the danger underneath. Everyone has flaws and quirks, if they had been smoothed right out then the belief wasn't even an option.