Trigger Warning: Sensitive Content Ahead

"Where are we going, Huzaifa?"

The moonlight breathed a diffuse brine above them, diminishing the inky blackness of the night, but not so luminous as to dampen the stars that specked and shimmered in the idylls above.

The chill, crisp air blew through her, rustling her hair and mellowing out her bones. Leaves of red and brown flew past in a swirl of motion signifying the darkness that had appeared.

The black Jaguar meandered across the rocky and straight street of some deserted place.

Amaya sat on the passenger seat, her hair blowing out of her loose ponytail. She expectantly looked at Huzaifa who was gently humming some tune of his, his rough hands drumming against the steering wheel of his jeep. He rotated his head to the side, his eyes crinkling from the corners, and gave her an assured smile.

"There's a small cottage of mine that I usually visit when I need some alone time, away from my obligations."

Turning his face back to the front, he focused on the edgy route that they had to cross to reach their destination.

Amaya shifted in her seat uneasily, her nimble finger tucking away the brown tendril of her hair that had escaped her ponytail.

"I-I thought that we were just going to spend some time together, as in like a date."

Huzaifa narrowed his gaze on her fidgeting figure, "yeah so this is a date. Don't worry, we'll reach in like five minutes. It's just around that corner street."

Once again, he had effectively quietened her down. Amaya felt restless and on edge the entire time he was driving towards the cottage.

This wasn't what she thought or had in mind when he had called her and asked her out on a date. Since this was their first official meeting outside alone, she was overjoyed and extremely happy over it.

Now as he stopped the jeep in front of some shabby looking, little cottage with one wooden door and a rough patch of grass and shrubs that girded around it, her heart thudded painfully against her chest and she had to restrain from panicking.

"Come, let's go inside and talk."

He took out a rusted key from inside his jeans pocket and inserted it in the keyhole. The hinges creaked as the door opened and the musky scent of dust rose up in the air.

Huzaifa stepped inside followed by Amaya, who was aware of every sound and movement. He maneuvered his way around until he found the switchboard and switched on the lights.

Amaya leisurely took in the surroundings. The wooden floorboard made a thudding sound as she walked across on it. There were two big, couches that were placed in the middle with the small, wooden table in between them. On one side, there was an open kitchen, it was not a spacious one but rather it occupied very limited space inside. The utensils and cutlery were bare minimum and there were high stools placed near the countertop.

Amaya saw him moving fluidly, as he took off his jacket and heaved it on the coat rack. She kept standing in the middle of the room, feeling flustered and uncomfortable. She didn't know what she was supposed to do now they were alone. A small nagging voice at the back of her mind was constantly pointing something to her. Swallowing the anxiety, she sat on the rundown couch, her cell phone beside her.

"Tea or coffee?"

His voice filtered through her muddled mind and she looked up at him who was waiting for her response.

"Yeah, tea would be fine. One scoop of sugar."

Nodding his head, he found the electric kettle and filled it up with some warm water. By the time the tea brewed, he came and fired up the fireplace. As the embers rose up, the fire picking up its intensity, warmth spread around them.