Girls Day Out

Cold morning and I have to go out! Please, I just want my blanket.

Yesterday it was cold, but not as cold as it is today. Which meant only one thing to me.

No dress for me.

Skinnies, full sleave oversized sweater along with, something to keep me warm, boots on my feet. Yeah that should be all for today. I grabbed my purse and made my way downstairs. I was supposed to meet the girls around ten in the morning, so mum suggested that I have breakfast at home

Sure, I like with Patrick around..

I sat down in my seat with dad at the head of the table with his newspaper and mum at the other end of the table with the fashion magazine. Ricky and Patrick soon joined the table and breakfast was served. It was all silent, just the crunch of the toast, the fork and knife and the slurping of coffee was all you could hear. Until...

"So what are the three of you doing today?" She asked, even if she knew about me...she wanted dad to hear it as well. "Well, Patrick and I will be at the football ground to play a game with Nathan today...that's all I guess unless Patrick has some plans" Ricky spoke

"Oh, I have no plans as such" Patrick spoke

"Darcy, Shelly and I are haveing a girls day out today outside"  I spoke "Since when did Shelly come here?" Dad asked "she went to Darcy's university for something and then they thought, why not spend the weekend together here" I told dad. "Looks interesting but be back by six at tops okay" Dad spoke with concern "be back by then dad" I replied.

Then, we went back to having our breakfast when suddenly we heard the door bell ring. We heard Steve walk towards the door and open it. We continued to have our breakfast when Steve walked into the dinning room with a huge bouquet of red roses.

"Miss Valerie, a delivery for you" he spoke out. I put my knife and fork down and got up from my chair, walked towards Steve..wondering who would send a bouquet here for me.

"Thank you Steve" I spoke, taking the bouquet in my hand "You have also received a letter. Mind if I put it in a vase and place in your room?" He asked me, handing me an envelope "Would love that Steve, thank you" I thanked him, he smiled and turned around with the flowers and away.

I sat down at the table "who was it from?" Ricky asked "I don't know, it might be here in the letter, I'll read it after eating" I replied. Just like I said, I got up after eating, taking the envelope along with me and made my way to the backyard.

I sat down on one of the garden chairs and opened the envelope to see nothing but a handwritten note and only one person comes in my mind...

Jamie

The only boy who even now believes in handwritten letters

To my precious Princess,

          Surprised by the bouquet of roses.I know you prefer orchids,lilies and lavenders but cupcake.... Being rose day today.....I feel so bad being far away from you.You probably won't even know if today is rose day because this valentines day was supposed to be your first proper one.Which I ruined...forgive me. Being rose day, I sent these to you and when the last rose fades....you will see me. I promise.

                                                JamieScott

Rose day? So there is a day called the rose day too. I smiled at the note. I knew that there is a rose day before the great valentines day, but I did not know when and what it was. I got up from the chair and got back inside my house towards my room.

When I entered the room, I found my room to be completely scented with the smell of roses. I checked myself in the mirror, settled thing here and there