Part 1

You sat on the bed, wearing your comfy grey shirt, pants, and cardigan. Hurriedly kicking off the fluffy slippers, you set your laptop on the pillow, and the cup of tea on the side table.

It was finally Monday. Your mean dad and mom had gone on their little business trip, leaving you the only person in the house.  That meant no studying for a while as well. As a little reward for yourself, you were having a movie night, rewatching the entire Hobbit and Lotr series.

"Let's get started shall we ?"

You wrapped yourself in a blanket, settling into a comfy position.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Get yourself together Bilbo."

"I wish I could join adventures."

You had a habit of talking to yourself, since you didn't have many friends. Your parents home schooled you, barely letting you outside. They forbid you from going to game arcades and parties, because they were a "bad influence". So much BS.

It got to the part where Bilbo hurriedly ran out of his home. Oh how you admired that Hobbit from making that decision. You really wanted to see the world yourself. Go outside, and walk the earth with your own feet, but you had half given up on that idea. The least you could do was watch movies or read books, or use your imagination.

Thinking about your parents, your mind drifted to your lost memories. Yes, you couldn't remember a single thing that happened before the age of 12, but your parents never brought up that subject. You didn't really care, but there was always a strange feeling you couldn't brush off. The fact kept poking you at the back of your mind today, more than usual.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No no no no ! Fili ! Kili !"

"Why ? Why Thorin too ?"

 It was well past midnight when it got to the moment where Thorin took his last breath. You couldn't help but shed tears, never really understanding the deaths of these good people. Sure, it might have been necessary for the plot, but it just didn't seem fair. Thorin had a family and an entire kingdom waiting for him. Not just Thorin. Fili, Kili, Boromir, Haldir, everyone was supposed to have a future. A good one. You were sure that you would do anything for them, even sacrifice for them, knowing you would never really have a bright future for yourself. It seemed like the least you could do.

You had finished your cup of tea a while ago, and it seemed that the caffeine was losing its effect. You wanted to get some more, not having seen the Lotr movies yet, but your body felt heavy, not being able to move. You desperately hoped that at least you could go on an adventure in your dreams, before giving into the darkness.

A/n

Hi guys ! Thanks for reading my very first story ! Sorry this part's a bit short. I promise the exciting part's going to start soon. Please comment, vote or like. It means a lot to me !  (English is not my first language, so if you find any weird words or vocabulary, let me know.)