Part 5

(A few months later)

"Come on Arrow, you can do it girl."

I told my friend, as she galloped. I was on my way to Trollshaw, hearing news of Thorin Oakenshield's company. The orc scouts following them were faster than I thought, and I needed to get them out of trouble and buy some time.

As I slipped off of her, creeped to the edge of the cliff and looked down to find the dwarves tied in sacks. Now was my time.

"Oi, stupid !" I shouted on the top of my lungs.

"Stupid?" the troll Bert  answered, but failing to find me. I blended into the trees well.

"There's a thief ! Thief stealing things from your cave !"

"You lie !" The troll William shouted angrily.

"I'm not ! I saw him myself ! Big muscular man with a broad sword ! He even had a carriage with him! If you don't get him, he'll take everything !"

"But, we were gonna eat the dwarves and the, uh, flurgerburbur-hobbit." The troll Tom answered with a pout. I didn't know trolls could pout.

"Leave them ! They won't die even if you left them for a day or two !"

This sparked a shout of protests from the company, but the trolls seemed to have decided that the food/dwarves was fresh enough to last for a few days.

Just at that moment, a neigh was heard from afar. Arrow was creating a distraction.