Part 4

I stumbled away from the mirror, only to be caught by Lady Galadriel.

"Why, how, what..." I started to shake vigorously. My mind was blank.

"If you had stayed in Terra, you would have chosen death sooner or later. With those cursed memories or not. But if given the chance, you had the hope of being someone you can truly love. You had the endless possibility to be a true hero, because you knew pain. Pain that none are willing to go through. That is what gives you strength and noble spirit of sacrifice that can save the ones you care for. That is why you were chosen. To give you a chance in life. You deserve it" She told me, sadness clear in her eyes, but the support of her arms stayed strong.

"So, there was someone, or at least something watching over me. This, this entire world is, real?" I blurted out.

"Yes, my child."

"But, what about the things I just saw? My mother abandoned me, and my father... Ugh, forget that. I hate to even call him that. The point is, I understand that they're my memories, but it feels like I'm reading someone else's life story from a book." I said, without taking a breath. I was certainly in shock. The adrenalin was still working. But was I in pain ? No.

" Like I have said, you would have chosen death, especially living along with those memories. They will come back to you little by little, like sand falling in a hourglass. By the time those memories truly return, you will have loved ones to support you. Trust me."

"So, I have some time to ease into it? Alright, seems fair." I let out a breath.

Then, it dawned on me. 

"I was never given a name."

My former father called me fowl words for names. My new parents never even cared to know my name. This was the first painful memory that came back to me. 

"Do not worry. You shall be Melethianna (gift of love), if you will accept it."

"Of course !" I said, as I smiled widely. I couldn't help but hug Lady Galadriel, although hugging wasn't something uncommon in elven culture. She smiled and hugged me as well, giving me the sense of the motherly love I was lacking.

This, was the day my life truly started, and I was going to make the most out of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The past ten years, I spent my time in Lorien, learning the skills I would need. Lady Galadriel had taught me the history of middle earth. Lord Celeborn and Haldir had taught me the art of battle. With the spare time I had, I had taught myself languages (I started my research back in Terra because, you know, being a fan and stuff). I was now fluent in Sindarin, Quenya, Khuzdul, sign language (both the common tongue and Iglishmek). I also understood Black speech, but never dared to speak it.