Introduction - A/N & Summary

Hello, dear readers!

I see you've come across my book and have decided to read, thank you! I have some things I'd like to say before I get into the book, but first, the summary.

- - -

When Alice, a girl who seeks out the beauty in everything around her, a photographer who looks for the peace in her surroundings that she can't seem to find in her mind, crosses paths with Toby Green, a boy who sees his suffering in every direction he looks in-- an artist that lets his pain flow through his veins, down through his fingers, and into his drawings-- she notices a light within him that he cannot see for himself. Her warm nature tempts his frozen exterior to melt, revealing a boy who hides from the cruel world.

From the moment fate works its magic and the two strangers' eyes meet, they will forever change each other's lives. Whether it's for the good or the bad, it's up to them to decide.

Will Toby's darkness snuff out Alice's light? Or will Alice catch sight of the beauty in Toby and open his eyes to look at himself and life through a different lens?

Perhaps we all need somebody to fill our journey with sparkling smiles, tender hearts, joy filled laughter,  kindness, friendship, and even love. Our journey to find serenity.

(TW - this story contains themes of abuse that may be triggering to some readers).

- - -

This is the rewritten version of my first story that I began writing in 2020. It has a special place in my heart and no matter how many times I want to drop writing, I can never bring myself to take this story down. Updates will be quite regular and a chapter will be out once it is edited and rewritten. Thank you so much to all my readers that have been here from the start and have stuck around, and thank you to any new readers that have found my work. It means so much to me!

Without further ado, I hope you enjoy taking this journey with Alice and Toby and fall in love with their story as much as I have.

- Lou