6

6 | ˢᵗᵒᵖ ᵗʰᵉ ᵐᶠ ᵐᵘˢⁱᶜ ᵃʳᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈᵘᵐᵇ

| <3 |

  You let out a small groan when your back hit the mattress of your bed. Today's impromptu meeting (one, you had learned, that wasn't supposed to include you) had been draining. A long sigh slipped through your lips as you recalled everything that had happened, and boy did a lot happen.

~ 2 hours ago ~

  "I believe you three had something to share?" Dio broke the silence that had followed his introduction of you and the group. The three that had arrived last, Valentine, Kars, and Diego, all made their way to the head of the table as everyone else took a seat -- or lingered in the back in Diavolo's case.

  Valentine set down a folder on the worn table, where he got it from, you didn't want to know. He pulled out a few photos and the like and began pinning them up on a board you hadn't noticed until now. "These are the photos of our next target,"

  Now, you were smart enough to realize that these guys were planning a heist of sorts (I mean, it's not every day a big group of people require a getaway driver for a chain of home break-ins). The question that nagged you, however, was why in the world were they going after a small ¹Bank 'n Go that probably had almost no clientele, especially one in a whole other city?

  A bead of sweat ran down your back making you shift uncomfortably on the stool, just who are these guys?  

  "Diego made a few adjustments to the security system while we were there, thanks to that stick-thing Doppio gave him,"

  "USB / Memory stick," Doppio interrupted.

  " Yes...That. We will have exactly seven minutes to get in and out," Valentine motioned to certain areas on the hanging blueprints and pictures of the target as he continued to explain what actions the group was to make. It wasn't long before he shared a glance with Kars, who took a step forward, keeping his very large arms crossed.

  His piercing red eyes focused in on you, sitting as far away from him and Valentine, behind a semi-focused Pucci. You almost sighed in relief when he turned his gaze to poor Doppio (who had begun to enjoy his onion rings again).  Finally, he spoke, "Seven minutes. Get inside, find what we're looking for and when you do, Dio is up. Kira will watch the front, as Valentine mentioned, there's only two employees working at a time. Diavolo, you'll help Dio in the search and with getting everyone back to the car,"

  His eyes were back on you, and it was worse than before. Now, it was your turn to chip in with the plan,

  "(L/N), you will have two minutes before the police will be notified, and roughly four before they arrive at. If anything goes longer, you'll have just four minutes. Can you handle that?"

  You knew what he was asking. Could Kars, could the entire group, count on you to make sure none of them get caught. You also knew your answer.  You nodded.

~present~

  The meeting had continued on like that. Every now and again, Valentine or Diego would pitch in with their two cents, Diavolo might glare at Dio anytime he spoke up, and Doppio had sadly finished the onion rings.  You hadn't been briefed on what it was they were "temporarily misappropriating", but you figured you weren't going to be paid to ask these sorts of questions. After all, you are the getaway driver.

  You hadn't missed the sidelong glances Pucci and Valentine were sending your way throughout the meeting, or Kira's occasional look at... your hands? It didn't really matter anyways, they were probably just looking out for the newbie (especially since the last guy to have your job was killed), well Pucci probably was. Valentine seemed like he was checking you out, and you hadn't been able to figure out what Kira's deal was in those four hours.

  At least the food was decent.

  You closed your eyes with a sigh, hopefully whatever this was going to turn out to be didn't screw you over in the long run.

  What did you get yourself into?

| <3 |

aaaaaand i'm back! this chapter was sorta meh, i'll probably end up rewriting this later idk. contemplating getting a haircut but my parents are weirdly against it? ne ways, sorry for my long ass period of no updates (hyperfixating is a bith lmao)

stay safe and stay hydrated please!

- c