7 | Many Questions

I thought I had this posted earlier. My bad.

If it looks choppy, I'm sorry. I've been so out of it lately.

Hope you all enjoy. Don't worry, soon enough, I'll focus even more on something outside of the classroom. :]

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Nothing special happened during this class, just the usual math problems, answering questions, and going over solving techniques with the kids. Today, Baldi has been allowing you to take over most of the teaching. It was certainly a new experience, considering how Mrs. Pomp just let you help with the little things.

You don't mind the new responsibility. You need to work on leading a group, anyway. Baldi probably noticed this upon your first meeting, and has most likely decided to test your independence.

That may also contribute to the reason why he was looking at you so much.

Throughout the whole session, you felt his big eyes burning through your skull. The few times you made eye contact, Baldi looked ecstatic and enchanted, like he was a little girl looking at a fairy from a movie. You were glad that he was happy, but there usually isn't that much excitement about watching someone teach, unless they are an inspiration, or the subject is interesting to you.

You blink the thought away and look around the classroom. While the dismissed students trickle out of said room, you recall that you have no more classes today. You look up at Baldi to see him holding the door for the kids. He looks back at you with a smile after he waves goodbye to the last student. You return the look.

BaldI lets the door close and walks over to you. "You're incredible," he compliments you, dragging out the last syllable in a playful tone. "Thanks, dude," You offer a high-five, which he accepts, happily. "What do we do now," you ask him, "since class is over?" The guy pauses for a bit with his wrist behind his head. He responds, "I usually just sit around and plan what to teach for the next day."

He looks down for a moment before shooting back up. "Since you're here, we can talk for a little bit," he suggests, "that way you won't be bored out of your mind!" You can't help but beam at his thoughtfulness. You bounce on your feet while thinking of the idea. "I'd love to get to know you better," you decide, making him whoop cheerfully.

You plop down on one of the desks in the room, while Baldi stays in his standing position. "So, Baldi," you start the conversation, "why were you looking at me so much? He laughs in response. "I have to set an example for the kids," he states, "they need to look at who's talking."

You give him a look that tells him that you know he's not done with the explanation yet. "There's more," you wave your hand, "go on." Baldi is surprised at this. "Uhm, you have a nice way of explaining things," he admits, "I'm a little starstruck that's one new to teaching could do what you did." You take in the compliments and beam even more than you were. "I wasn't THAT good," you reply humbly, "but thank you."

You both stay pretty silent after that, until an alarmingly loud stomping noise erupts from the hallway. "Ahh!" You yelp in surprise, and Baldi's face grows serious. "Excuse me," he steps behind his desk and grabs a ruler. Your shock turns into confusion as he steps out of the classroom.

You hear two muffled voices through the wall, one being Baldi's, and the other belonging to someone else. The two voices seem to be frustrated. You hear a clear slap or two and jump a little, not expecting that at all. The anonymous voice sounds quick and panicked now. You can hear footsteps that speedily fade away.

Baldi walks back in the classroom like nothing happened. You give him a questioning glance, and he instantly makes his expression happier, as if to cover something up.

'This guy...freaks me out,' you shudder. You swallow your slight fear and decide to ask him a question. Your voice starts at a whisper, but you raise it a bit. "What's the...ruler for? And who was even out there?" Baldi stiffens for a moment before speaking casually, "a student." He coughed, "he wanted my help to measure something they have found outside." He stuffs the ruler in his drawer.

You find some holes in this statement. First off, he walked out the room with a ruler before he knew what was going on. Second, the barely audible voices outside of the classroom sounded like they were arguing. But why would he lie?

'Is he...hiding something?'

You shake your head at your thought. That could not be true at all, right? You assume that he was arguing with Prince or something. 'If I had a grudge against someone,'  you thought, 'I wouldn't let them know. Especially if it was on school grounds.'  You make eye contact with Baldi again, and give him a slight smile.

Baldi looks a little agitated. You sigh and stand up from your seat, making your way over to him. He takes a step back, confused as to why you were walking over there. You crack your knuckles and lift your hand up to his face. This confuses him even more. You then flick his nose. "Relax," you tell him. "There's literally nothing to worry about." He nods in response, agreeing with you.

You decide to leave him alone with his feelings. You say your goodbyes before treading out the door. You look at your watch. 9:16 AM. You suppress a slight groan. Without any particular reason, you just feel tired. You want to lie down and think about some things. You have nothing to do, anyway.

You head over to one of the faculty rooms and sit in a corner. You set an alarm for ten minutes before Mrs. Pomp's period ends, so you can have some time before the meeting with Prince. You allow yourself to swim in a pool of your thoughts until that time arrives.

You find yourself asking some questions, many of them being about Baldi.

'Why does Baldi have a ruler drawer?'

'Why does it seem like I'm missing out on something important?'

'Is something going on between Baldi and someone else?'

So many questions to be answered. You just have to wait it out, I guess.

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

Thank you for reading the Chapter 7 | Many Questions! I hope you're ready for the future events that are in store in New Horizons. See y'all next Sunday ~ ★