8 | Let's Go Camping

Eek, got my days mixed up again. Wowza, it's pretty much gone to the point where you have to expect the chapter to be a day late. My bad on that part.

I only managed to get about 2,400 words out of 4,000, so either I'll post another 1,600+ word chapter in the middle of this week, or I'll post a 2,600+ word chapter next Sunday.

Hope you enjoy this (hopefully) more interesting chapter! Look forward to the next one.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Your eyes flutter open. You go to check the time. It's 5:24 AM, way before the sun's first appearance peaking in the break of dawn. You decide to get up early so you don't potentially end up being late. As you sluggishly shift the soft blanket off of your body, you feel rivers of cold air dancing on the hairs of your body.

You glance out the window; as you suspected, it's pitch black outside. Grabbing the article of clothing you selected the previous night, you drag yourself to the bathroom where you begin the steps of your half-an-hour daily getting-ready routine, which, predictably, takes you 20 minutes to complete.

You look at yourself in the mirror and nod before heading towards the living room to double-check your pack. You unzip the big container and unload everything one by one. Matchboxes, check. Sleeping bag, got it. S'mores ingredients and hotdogs, you know it. Bug spray, yep. You continue to unload everything, then stuff it back in when you're finished.

Two weeks have passed since the first day of Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning. Everything has been frequently consistent, so repetitive that it's beginning to bore you a bit. Nothing exciting has occurred so far. Nothing exciting until today. You hoist the bag over your shoulder(or strap it on like a backpack) and grab your phone. You read over the email again.

***

Dearest BBiEaL staff,

As a sign of gratitude for your outstanding efforts in making this summer school year great, I decided to push the annual camping trip a few weeks early! That's right, we're going camping throughout this whole week, so I suggest you bring the essentials. I only have enough sleeping bags for the four kids we have, and for myself.

Thank you all for your hard work! I look forward to seeing you.

It is mandatory to bring the following;

-Match/lighter

-Sleeping bag

-S'mores, hotdogs, etc.

-Bug spray

Other than that, you may bring whatever you'd like. See you soon!

Sincerely,

Principal(Prince) of the Things

***

You grin at the note and proceed to exit your home, making your way to your car. Upon entering, your stomach makes some unruly noises. Seems like you forgot about breakfast! You shrug it off and decide to get something to compensate for your slowly growing appetite on your way to school.

You're on the road. You look around for the nearest drive-thru you could drive through. Inevitably, you see a huge red square with two yellow arches inside it resembling an M. You chuckle to yourself. Definitely not your first pick, but it'll have to work for today. You turn into the line of cars and wait. 12 minutes pass and you back out of the numbered parking area you were sent to after receiving your order.

You didn't bother to check the bags before driving away from the area, as the time was around 6:00 AM, and your anxiety was starting to bubble up inside you about the camping trip. Bad idea. After stopping at a stoplight near a split road, and deciding to dig into your order, you groan in frustration as you realize that the employees have forgotten a portion of your food.