CHAPTER 4

Taehyung went directly home after the interview. Jeon Jungkook surely was something else. That man definitely has a way with words. Taehyung was sure that work was not going to be easy, that is if he got the job since Jungkook seemed like a perfectionist and Taehyung just hoped he could keep up with the younger. He was hungry so he decided to make some eggs. He ate and as he was going through his mails, he found one from the Bangtan Corp. His eyes widened when he opened the mail. He got the job. He squealed and jumped around a bit. But he also knew that working with Jeon Jungkook was going to be hard especially considering that Taehyung doesnt take shit form anyone. He dialled Jimin, but the model didnt pick up. Taehyung assumed that he must be out for a shoot. So he decided to text on their group, of course it was only him, Jimin and Hoseok.

Me: Hey guys! I just wanted to tell you that I got the job! Also, the CEO is just so-

Taehyung didnt receive a response from either of his best friends so he decided to call his mother, who lived in Daegu with his father. His mother picked up on the third ring. "Oh Taehyungie, hello! How are you?" His mothers bubbly voice rang out from the other end. Taehyung smiled instantly and said "Hello, mom! Im great. How are you and dad?" There was a pause, before his mother replied "Were fine too honey. Why dont you call us often?" Taehyung giggled and said "Sorry mom. I promise I will call more often. Also, I called because I have some news." Taehyung hadnt told his parents about quitting his job, knowing that they would just worry and would want him to come back to Daegu. "Oh, is everything all right, Taehyungie?" Taehyung chuckled at his mother's worried voice and said "Everything is fantastic, mom. In fact I got a job at the Bangtan Corp." He giggled when he heard his mother gasp. "Oh my god! Taehyungie thats amazing. I am so proud of you baby." Taehyung smiled and said "Thank you mom. Listen, I need to prepare some things because I start tomorrow. Ill call you later okay?" His mother replied "Okay. Take care Tae. I love you." Taehyung smiled and said "Yes mom, you too. Love you too." Then, Taehyung hung up.

Taehyung decided to laze around as it is his last day off before the beginning of a tiring schedule. Taehyung decided to go through his closet and see if he has appropriate clothes. Of course he did, but this is Bangtan Corp were talking about. He cannot just go there wearing anything. Also, he is the secretary of the CEO, he has to dress to impress. After going through his closet he realized that he did have clothes, but he will go shopping for more anyway soon. He then decided to call Hoseok to see if hes free for dinner, but he didnt pick up. Taehyung pouted. Why were his friends not free when he needed them? So, he decided to call Park Seojoon, one of the people he was close with since university. Seojoon was one of the seniors he was friends with when he was still in university. Seojoon picks up on the second ring. "Hi Tae!" Taehyung smiled and said excitedly and replied "Hi hyung! What are you up to?" Seojoon chuckled and said "Nothing, just about to be on my lunch break." Hearing this Taehyung smiled widely and said "Would you mind if I joined you for lunch?" Seojoon chuckled again and said "Not at all kiddo. Come to the Thai restaurant by my company." Taehyung hummed and hung up saying he'll be there in ten minutes. Seojoon worked at a publishing company not very far from Taehyung's apartment. Tae changed into a hoodie and jeans and got out of his house after grabbing his keys and locked the door behind him.

He drove to the restaurant and quickly found a parking spot and got out of the car. Taehyung looked around and noticed Seojoon standing near the restaurant on his phone. Taehyung skipped towards the older. When Seojoon noticed Taehyung, he looked up and smiled at Taehyung. "Taehyung-ah, youre here!" Seojoon said excitedly and pulled Taehyung into a hug. Taehyung giggled and hugged him back. After they pulled away, they went inside the restaurant and sat down on a table for two. Once they are settled, they order the food. "So, whats going on with you? How are things?" Seojoon asked after the waiter left. Taehyung gave him a boxy smile and said "Well, I finally found a new job!" Seojoon's eyes widened and he smiled. "Wow, thats great! Where did you get the job?" Taehyung was still smiling, he replied "At the Bangtan Corp, as the CEO's secretary." Seojoon's eyes widened further. "WHAT?! Youre going to work in one of the biggest if not the biggest company in South Korea?!" Seojoon almost yelled. Taehyung laughed loudly and said "Calm down hyung And yes I am. I start tomorrow." Seojoon just nodded and said "Just be careful. I have heard that the CEO has quite the temper." Taehyung rolled his eyes and said "Yes, hyung. I know, but you know me. I am not one to break so easily." Seojoon just chuckled and shook his head. Seojoon was aware of how head-strong and sassy the younger was. After their meals arrived, they spent it in small talk. Once they finished their food, they said their goodbyes and Taehyung headed home, while Seojoon got back to work.

After Taehyung reached home, he laid face down on the couch and closed his eyes, wanting to take a nap. He managed to fall asleep within minutes. He was woken up by someone jumping on him. He groaned at the weight on top of him. "Yah Taehyung! Wake up, were here." Taehyung slowly opened his eyes and saw Jimin on top of him and Hoseok was standing beside the couch grinning. Taehyung groaned again and shut his eyes. One thing he hated the most was being woken up in the middle of his sleep, he wouldnt mind if it was more gentle, but knowing his best friends, that was asking too much. When Jimin did not move from above him, he groaned and sat up, making Jimin slide on his lap. Suddenly, Hoseok pulled Jimin up. Taehyung raised a brow at Hoseok who just shrugged and said "Its almost five, you lazy ass. Were here to celebrate!" Taehyung rolled his eyes and said "What is there to celebrate? I am sure I am going to lose my mind by the end of this month." It was now his best friends' turn to roll their eyes. "Stop exaggerating, Tae. Its not going to be that bad." Taehyung scoffed and said "One, you havent seen the CEO yet, he is like so fucking hot. Second, he seems to be insufferable and stubborn. And he has a way with words" Both of his best friends smirked. "So, hes hot huh?" Hoseok said. Taehyung whined and said "Is that the only thing you got from whatever I said?" Jimin chuckled and said "Dont worry Tae. You can handle him." Taehyung sighed and said "Lets hope so."

The three friends decided to just hang out inside and spend time with each other, because they knew that once Taehyung starts his job, it would be difficult for them to hang out. Jimin and Hoseok make food for them, while Taehyung sat on the counter and watched the two. He was always amazed by how in sync the two of them were. They had a nice dinner with some Soju. His friends soon left after dinner, wishing him luck for his first day of work. Taehyung decided to go to bed since had had to be at the office at 8 sharp.