CHAPTER 5

Taehyung's alarm rang at six in the morning. Taehyung groaned and slowly sat up, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. Then, he stood up and dragged himself to his bathroom. He shut the door behind him and stripped. He jumped in the shower and stood under the lukewarm water trying to wake himself up. He washed his hair and scrubbed his body. After he was done showering, he got out of the shower, wrapping a towel around his waist. He stood in front of the mirror in his bathroom and started blow-drying his hair. He gets out of the shower and heads towards his closet. He picks out todays outfit and gets ready. He messes up his hair and styles it a little bit so it looks professional. He eats some bread and orange juice, not wanting to cook and waste time. By the time he was ready, it was almost seven fifteen. Taehyung grabbed his car keys and headed out of his apartment, locking it behind himself. He headed towards the elevators and waited for one. He got in and pressed the button which led to the underground parking. Once he reached downstairs, he sat in his car and drove towards the company.

It was seven forty-five by the time Taehyung reaches the office. He liked to be punctual. He parked his car in the under-ground parking and took the elevator to the first floor, where he was supposed to clock in. Since he had not yet received his ID card, he went to the receptionist and said "Hello, Im Kim Taehyung. Mr Jeons secretary. I still havent received my ID card." The receptionist smiled at him and handed him his ID, saying "Here, Mr Kim Namjoon dropped this here on his way home." Taehyung bowed and thanked her, going towards the Automatic doors and swiped his card. The doors opened and he walked further inside with a smile. Taehyung felt really lucky, that he will be working for one of the most reputed companies not only in South Korea but also in the world. He got on the elevator and it was empty, due to him being a little bit early. He pressed 15 on the buttons panel and waited for the elevator to stop. Once it stopped on the 15th floor, he got out and sat on one of the couches, not knowing where to go.

Thankfully, he sees Namjoon coming from the other side. Once Namjoon sees him, he gives Taehyung a smile and says "Good morning, Taehyung-ssi. Im glad youre here on time." Taehyung bowed lightly and said "Good morning, Mr Kim. I like to be punctual." Namjoon just nodded and said "Ill show you to your office and the break room here, where you can get some coffee." Taehyung nodded and followed Namjoon, who led him in the direction Namjoon came from. He saw some people sitting in their offices. He knew that these were other people who were quite high up in position. Namjoon led him at the end of the corridor where there was a door labelled break room. He opened the door and Taehyung followed him inside. "So this is the break room. You can come here and get a coffee whenever you want. Also, you will have to get Jungkook a coffee three times a day. Once in the morning when he arrives, one around 11 am and one around three pm. Taehyung nodded, trying to process the information. Who the hell drinks so much of coffee? Who even likes coffee, Taehyung thought.

After that, Namjoon led him towards the place where they came from. He led Taehyung to an office right beside Jungkooks. It was small and cosy. Taehyung liked it. There was a computer placed on the table with a chair behind the desk and two in front of the desk. Also, Jungkook likes his coffee with no sugar. He will be here any minute. Make sure he has his coffee once he arrives, or else hell be grumpy the whole day. Taehyung nodded with wide eyes and said Yes. I will go and make him one. Namjoon smiled at Taehyung and said "Good luck on your first day. I am sure youre going to do great." Taehyung smiled shyly at Namjoon overwhelmed with the sudden confidence of Namjoon in him. "Thank you Mr Kim. I will try my absolute best." With a smile and a nod, Namjoon is out of his office. Taehyung rushes to the break room and thankfully finds it empty. He makes quick work of the packet of coffee and places it in the machine and wait for it to fill up in the cup. Once it is filled up, he makes his way back towards his office.

He was about to enter his office when he noticed the elevator open and Jeon Jungkook walk out of it like some freaking model. He hadn't changed from the last time, being yesterday Taehyung had seen him. Taehyung freezes when his gaze meets Jungkooks. He bows lightly and says "Good morning, Mr Jeon. Here is your coffee." Jungkook grumbles and says "Come to my office. Now." Taehyung almost scoffs at the youngers rude behaviour. He did not even get a thank you from the younger. Jungkook just grabbed the mug from his hand and entered his office. Taehyung sighed, knowing that it was going to be a long day. He entered Jungkooks office and shut the door behind him. "You wanted to see me?" Taehyung said, now standing in front of Jungkook, who was sitting down on his chair. Taehyung thought that Jungkook looked every bit of the powerful CEO he was. He looked intimidating as hell. Jungkook motioned for Taehyung to take a seat. Taehyung sat down on one of the chairs that were placed in front of his table. "Im assuming Joon hyung told you about the coffee?" Jungkook said. Taehyung nodded. "Use your words, Mr Kim."

Taehyung's eyes widened a bit before he quickly recovered and cleared his throat. Jungkook sounded intimidating as fuck. Sure Taehyung didn't take shit from anybody, but Jungkook's tone was dark and he knew the CEO meant business. "Yes, sir. Mr Kim told me about the coffee and showed me my office." Jungkook nodded and stared at the elder. One thing Jungkook would never admit out loud was that the minute he laid eyes on Taehyung today, he was dumbfounded. He was very good at concealing his emotions. But inside, he was a mess, and he did not like it. He did not like Kim Taehyung, because he was messing with his brain and it was just the first day. Not to mention they've just exchanged a few sentences. So, Jungkook remained stoic and cold, knowing that if he slipped, he would not be able to resist the pull he felt towards the older. "I am going to brief you about the things you are supposed to do as my secretary. If you dont have a good memory, I suggest you note it down." Jungkook said sharply. When it came to work, Jungkook needed perfection.

"First things first, you will attend all the meetings with me and take notes, irrespective of where they are held. By the end of the meeting, I need you to summarise everything and give it to me on paper. Understood?" Taehyung gulped, hearing the sheer authority in Jungkook's voice. Taehyung wasn't sure how long he'd last without retorting back or doing something inappropriate like falling on his knees for his new boss. Taehyung quickly cleared his thoughts and said "Yes, understood." Jungkook nodded and said "Second, you are to accompany me on all of my business trips. Third, you are supposed to do everything I ask of you. I do not tolerate laziness. I need everything on time. Also, sometimes I may ask you to do some chores that are not work related. You will do them. Understood?" By the time Jungkook was finished Taehyungs eyes were narrowed. "What do you mean by chores Mr Jeon? Because as long as I remember you are paying me for the work I would do as your secretary, not your personal assistant" Taehyung said sharply. He shivered when he saw the CEO's jaw clenched and eyes glaring at him. Jungkook tried to remain calm, not wanting to blow up on his new secretary, besides, he was aware of the consequences of choosing Kim Taehyung as his secretary. "I suggest you mind that mouth of yours, Mr Kim. You will do whatever I ask of you. You may leave now." Taehyung scoffed and stood up, throwing one last glare at the younger, he turned towards the door and was about to walk out when he heard the CEO speak- "I suggest you keep your attitude in check, because if I intervene, it wont be pretty." Jungkook said in a bone chilling tone. Taehyung walked out of the CEO's office in a daze with Jungkook's last words replaying in his head.