Necks and Cracks

"White had a broken neck when I found him." Black describes, "He was in the hallway near the Medical Center."

Blue and Green sit down on their designated seats.

"About time you two showed up." Black raises a brow, "just what were you two doing during the whole " brown is dead" situations?"

"Chill, Memeranzo. Blue and I were at the Reactor. We would've saved your asses if something were to happen."

"Something did happen, Green! And what did I say about names? We don't want to get attached to any Impostors around here."

"Black, " you call, "we all understand you were close with White but we mustn't make any rash decision. If we do the impostor will win."

"You're right, " Black sighs, "I'm sorry Cyan. I know White wouldn't want us to lose. We should keep an eye out for Blue and Green-"

"And Pink!" Orange announces, "He was in the upper engine, which, in fact, is right near that same hallway."

"Me?! Common Mr. NoNamePlayer, the impostor can vent anywhere! You could've killed White and vented to Shields right afterward."

"We should skip and look for more clues. Accusing each other gets us nowhere." Black states, "Plus we have tasks to do."

"Yeah, the more innocent people we vote off the fewer people the Impostor has to kill." Purple adds, "we need to have the most around to win this."

"I agree," you added, "Let's stick together."

Everyone skips, everyone but Pink and Orange who voted for each other.

No one was ejected. One Impostor remaining.

Everyone leaves to do their tasks. This leaves you and Purple alone. The uneasy sensation sneaks its way back into you.

He stares at you like he was mesmerized or zoned out. You didn't know what to do. Sighing, you slowly approach the storage room to finish with the trash. He follows you. You speed up. So does he. All your focus is on Purple, he was after you and you don't why.

THUD

You ran right into the wall.

Groaning, you rub your head.

"You okay Cyan?" You jump and look over at Purple, the one speaking to you.

"I...uh yeah...Why are you following me?"

"I was worried. You were around White before he died."

"Yeah...true I don't want the impostor killing me off either..."

"He won't-" purple cut himself off "Not with uh...a witness. Like me."

"Yeah...I guess" you look around for the trash disposal, trying to keep eye contact to the minimum. Nothing but static fills the air now, you didn't know if it's some of the junk in storage or if it's just the memory of White. It distracted you at the very least. As soon as the trash was done you turn around.

Purple is gone but Pink strides in like it's none of his business.

"Hey Pink, " you call out to him as he gets the gas tank.

"Call me Whisper, please."

"But Black-"

"Don't worry about him. He's a sore ass. Plus do you really think I'm an Impostor? We all should know it that orange bitch."

"I don't know if I'm being honest...I feel like he's trustworthy."

Whisper gives you a stern look, "Do you really trust HIM?"

"Well...I saw him doing tasks before Brown died..."

"No one knows what happed to Dirt."

"And what about White?"

"Echo? You were around him right before he died weren't you?"

"True..." You pounder, "The only other person there was Purple...but we all know that the Impostor could've vented."

Whisper strolls over to you, "You must like Orange huh?"

"I-I guess-I barely know em"

Whisper gets uncomfortably close to you, "maybe...we could get the truth out of you~"

Your body stiffens up. Everything about this situation gave you bad sentiments. "I..."

Suddenly an alarm buzzes. Purple called an emergency meeting.

Crewmates crowd from all ends of the ship.

"What is it Purple? Did you see someone vent?" Black questions, "or have you been followed!?"

Purple glares at Pink, "Pink was being sus." He puts a hand down on the table, "He waited until Cyan was alone in the storage to try to strike."

You face Whisper in confusion, "I saw him fill the gas canister..." You admit.

"Tsk. Fake task. I saw how he approached you! If anything were to happen...I wouldn't know what to do with myself."

"H-He was a little close" you, again, admit.

"It doesn't mean I was going to kill you!"

"I don't know..." Orange joins the conversation, "Purple says he saw something. I believe him."

Blue nods, "-and he was one of the people telling us to think rationally."

"You'd regret this! May I remind you I wasn't anywhere NEAR the other two bodies!"

Purple clicks his tongue, "You didn't tell us your location on White's death-and wasn't it you who said the Impostor could use the vents?"

"Yeah...it was him" Green ponders.

"No, I'm skipping. I saw him doing tasks and if he wanted to kill me he would've already done it." You skipped the vote.

Black looks at Purple, "Well...?"

Purple faces away from him, "If someone around him dies...You know what to do."

The votes are split.

No one was ejected.

Whisper walks over to you. "I...uh...thank you...for sticking up for me"

You softly smile, "of course, I don't want anyone innocent to die."

Whisper gazes at you. "Maybe...maybe there is some light in this hellhole."

"Eh?"

He softly places his hand on the side of your head, "Maybe there is finally someone I can trust."

"I-I appreciate that-but I should do the wiring I was assigned" You quickly run off, unsure of what to feel. You decide to head to Electrical. You were once warned not to go into that room alone, but your job was there-not to mention you're emotionally confused.

The wiring panel is already opened, and sparks spew around from the cut wires. Times like this you are glad you have rubber gloves.

Creeek...

You whip your head around to see the vent close. The air around you gets heavy, your heart starts to race.

This is it. You're next. Death awaits you.

You debate finishing your task and accepting death or getting out of there. Slowly you face the wires and start connecting them. They are color-coded so the task is simple enough.

As soon as you finish your run out of the compartment. Only to notice Orange's body by the door. You scream and report it immediately. 

Everyone scramble over to the table.

"It was...it was Orange..." You shiver, "he's dead...by electrical."

Black and Purple look over at Whisper.

"It wasn't me! I swear!" He squeals, "You believe me! Right, Cyan?"