Page 25

When Aella woke up that morning she had a lot to do to get ready for that night. She took a long shower. Scrubbed her body and shaved every inch. She did an extensive skin care routine to both her face and body. She pulled her hair up while she did a full face of makeup. Then all she had left to do was her hair and change. She put her hair up into this beautiful messy bun with strands hanging down that she curled.

"You look beautiful"

"Thank you."

"He'll love it."

"What do you mean? I'm not trying to impress anyone."

"I'm inside your head. I know exactlywhat you're feeling."

"Shut up, Bael!" Her face turned red. Okay, yes maybe she was getting a smallcrush on Jason, but it was nothing major. How could she not sense she had to act like they were dating or talking or whatever in front of others. But, it's not like he likes her back or anything. Besides, she had to fit in. She had to have it look like she left everything behind. Like she didn't care that she was completely abandoned by the only people she ever knew and loved. She had to act like she was never a part of that life and that she would not share the secrets of The Light. It was the only way to keep everyone safe.

A nock on her door came, snapping her out of her thoughts. She shook her head clearing the rest of the thoughts out and opened the door. Alfred stood with her dress in his hands.

"It is a beautiful dress." He told her. "I think the adding of the lace made it perfect."

"Thank you, Alfred." She smiled at him. Alfred had become a friend. He even let her help with dinner every now and again. It made her feel good, cooking. She missed cooking with her mom and cooking with Alfred is a lot of fun.

"Now go put it on. We leave soon." She nodded and took the dress. She looked at herself in the mirror. She couldn't get over how she looked.

"You look beautiful. Your mother would be so happy seeing you like this. She always knew you were meant for more." Bael said, his voice soft.

"Thank you." Her eyes started to fill with tears.

"Don't cry. You'll mess up your makeup." She nodded, sucking back in her tears. A knock came from her door once more.

"Hey," It was Jason. "Aella, are you ready?" She walked over and opened the door.

"Yeah, just finished getting dressed." His eyes went wide but he held back his surprise quite well. "Is it time to go?" His moth opened and closed. He looked like a gaping fish. She giggled at the thought. "Jay?" She waved a hand in front of his face.

"Oh, um. Yeah it's time to go." He stuck out an arm for her to take. "May I?"

"I would be honored." She smiled and took his arm.

When Aella walked into the room full of people she almost froze. It was filled to the brim with people and security. As soon as her and the rest of the people she lived with walked in the large two story room feel quite.

"Mr. Bruce Wayne." A man announced as Bruce walked down a few stairs and into the main floor. Then Dick walked down. "Dick Greyson." Then Jason let go of her and he was announced "Jason Todd" Then it was just her. Everyone looked up there at her. Some wore confused faces and others waited patiently. "Aella Wayne" When her name was called, she walked down the stairs and joined Jayson at the bottom. Everyone looked at her and whispers filled the room before the music started again.