Secrets [7]

Hey, so, this is not planned, nor is it edited! HUZZAH. And if you noticed, yes, I did change the title of this story! It's no longer PTST or An Alpha What? or whatever. Better, amirite?

Does anyone have any ideas for a cover? Send it to mah email if you dooo: missribayswimmer@aim.com <3 ILYALL.

~~~~~~~Chapter 7~~~~~~~~

When I woke up again, it was sometime early in the morning. I could hear Miss A. making something in the kitchen, and I felt sick to my stomach just at the thought of food.

Not, 'Eww. Food.' more along the lines of '*gag* Food. *vomit*' Ew.

But no. Of course, I can't miss today. Today's the day I officially quit the cheerleading squad.

Finally. I never really liked it anyway. I only did it for mom. That was about it, and I was officially past caring for her at this point. I sighed, and looked down at Braedon's sleeping face. He was so..peaceful in his sleep. Adorable. Just like a little kid.

I traced my finger along the side of his face, pushing his bangs to the side. I sighed again (today's just a sighing day) and poked his cheek. He mumbled something incoherent, something about chocolate I think, and went still again. I poked his cheek again, and all his did was snuggle up against me and hold me tight.

He certainly likes to snuggle.

Not liking having to do this, I poked his face again, and his eyes fluttered open. Good. I wasn't going to have to really bother him. That's nice.

He looked up at me through the bangs that had gotten back into their place in front of his eyes, and mumbled,"....Please don't make me go today..." and I knew I couldn't do it. I'm not exactly the nicest person, but I'm not cruel. And this kid I seemed to have a soft spot for.

I leaned my head against his, and said,"I wasn't planning on it..You don't have to go. Besides, who am I to tell you what to do?" I then realized, I just met this kid, what, two days ago, and we were already this close? I can't complain. I'm not real good at making friends, really. So this was like a miracle.

"Hn." was his clever response to that. He curled up again, and continued to look up at me from his spot. "Are you going?" he asked.

I sighed. "I feel horrible, but yes, I have to go. I'm going to quit the cheerleading squad, considering I hate every single bitch there, and I don't have to do it for my mother anymore..." That reminded me. I leaned forward, and pulled the blanket away from his face, and put my hand on his forehead. I retracted it again, just like yesterday. Damn. He was sick, and I probably was too.

I got up, and began to make the fouton a little organized. I asked Braedon to sit up for a second, and I fixed my pillows so they were by him, and smoothed the blanket over him.

"I have to go get ready. You sure you'll be alright? Miss A is going to be here all day, since this is her day off. If you need anything, ask her." He just nodded and mumbled a thank you and fell asleep again.

I went out into the kitchen, where Joel and Mac and Miss A all were, chillin' eating breakfast. When they saw me, they all shut up.

I gave them a suspicious look. "Hmmm...talking about me, are you? Or is it about Braedon? Hmmmm hmm hmm..." I went over to Jo, and poked her cheek, making her giggle. I kissed her head, and they all went back to what they were doing.

"Miss A, it's alright if Braedon stays here for a while, right? Because he's gotten sick, and I don't think he wants to get up anytime soon."

She smiled. "Of course, sweety. He's welcome here as long as he wants, and so are you. I like having people in my house. Otherwise, it's just me and Mac here. That's no fun, is it?"