E P I L O G U E

Book 2 of this series has been published on my profile. It's called 'End Game'. See you there! ♥️

__________________

Love.

I was done with this word a long time ago when I had broken up with my that time girlfriend Kim Taeyeon. It was my strategy to grab the attention of media from Kris's departure but it fired back, and hurt Taeyeon the worst way possible.

I felt guilty, hurt and everything because she suffered because of me. Because of my stupid behavior and plans to take the negative attention away from my group, Exo.

It tore me apart to see her getting bashed and the thing that hurt me most was that I stood there still. I didn't do anything. SM didn't let me do anything for defending her and all I could do was see the girl getting hated for loving me.

Was it a crime to love me? I would ask myself.

Taeyeon got hurt for loving me and I felt like a coward for not being by her side. I had decided that day, I won't do that to some other girl. I won't get into another relationship.

What was the point?

The girl was going to get hurt for loving me and the same cycle of self hate would repeat itself. I was determined to focus on my career and resisted interactions with females. I could not afford to have dating rumors but then she came into my life.

Z Hera.

Cheerful and bright like a sunshine. She made my heart beat a little faster and smile a little wider. She was my co-actor in the drama and played a role of my wife. It all started with a friendship that we had as senior and junior in the industry.

She was beautiful and attracted me towards her more than gravity of the earth and I found myself falling in love with her dat by day without even realizing it. I would wonder why her touch was so addictive and words so random yet special?

I would wonder why sadness she'd in her eyes mattered to me? Why her small gestures and our innocent conversations made my heart flutter? I would wonder why she felt so special to me?

Why she mattered to me?

I even took care of her when she fell sick and ignored the warnings Kyungsoo gave me. He would say that I was acting different than usual with Hera and I would discard his comment saying she was a friend. A friend. My heart wasn't seeing her as one though.

"Have you moved on yet?" Chanyeol has asked me one evening when we were playing a random game on our phones. "I mean I feel like you like Hera more than a friend." he had said.

"I've moved on." I have replied, only to realize later that it was the truth. I had moved on from my past relationship but not from the incidents related to it.

It still haunted me.

Whenever someone would ask me about my relationship status I would panic and dodge the questions. It scared me to open up about my personal life and my parents were upset about it. They wanted me to date and spend my life like a normal guy in his 20's but that was it.

I wasn't a normal guy. I was an Exo member and it came with a responsibility.

"Come on hyung. You got to be love her or feel something." Taehyung said when we had met in the club one evening. "You've been talking about this girl for hours now." he has teased but I just shook my head and looked away.

The drama ended but I could still hear everyone teasing me about Hera. They were seeing something that I didn't want to accept for myself. I didn't want to accept my feelings for Hera. It would lead to a disaster and I had no choice but to talk to my older brother about it.