⁴⁰animal mug army

clementine

I throw in the chunks of frozen blueberries into the blender, lightly splashing with the milk that's already inside.

I have six cups waiting on the side, all shamelessly adorned in animal engravings and bright colours.

As I chop the strawberries into small bits, I glance now and then at my friends asleep in the living room.

After our dinner in the pizza place, we decided to get some drinks from this bar we passed by, deciding it still wasn't too late.

We promised each other we'd get a few beers, sit and talk, then head out before bit become twelve am.

But by the time we'd downed our second pint, we'd forgotten everything.

This lead to the six of us piling into a cab at three am, hollering Africa by Toto into the wind, and Mara and I having to sit on the laps of Luke and Calum.

There was absolutely no coordination.

Luke gave the driver my and Mara's address, Ashton had been documenting the whole thing with his phone, and I'm pretty sure Michael gave the driver a hundred dollars for our short trip.

By the time the four boys hit the sofa, they fell fast asleep, leaving Mara to sit on the floor and sleep with her head on the coffee table, and I curled up on the armchair.

Awakened at nine by Sunny's kneading on my leg, my head pounded with a headache, pulsing until I drank an Advil.

Every time Mara woke up with a headache from the drunken night before, I always made a "remedy". Of course, it's just a strawberry and blueberry smoothie but it always seems to comfort her, not that it actually removes the headache.

So I resorted to making one for both her and the boys.

I slide the chopped strawberries into the blender and pour in a bit of vanilla before putting the cap back on and turning on the blender.

I smirk, eyes trained at the sleeping five before I turn the power dial to a three, wirring alive and mixing the fruits and milk with a loud stir.

Immediately, I see them awaken, groaning and putting their hands over their ears to dampen the sound.

They turn back to me, squinting.

"Rise and shine, motherfuckers," I greet, grinning as I tone down the blender and take the cap off.

Calum gets off the couch and stretches, yawning as he ruffs his hair out a bit. "Damn, what time is it?"

"Ten-twenty-one," Mara answers, squinting at the bright light of her phone.

Ashton groans and gets off the couch, rubbing his eyes and looking around. "Anybody got ibuprofen?" He massages the back of his head as he spots Darth, face lighting up before he bends down to run his hand over Darth. "Oh, you got a cat!" He exclaims.

Michael grins, picking up Sunny and rubbing the underside of her chin. "Two kitties," He softly says.

Calum shakes his head. "Allergic,"

Luke rolls his eyes, prying Sunny from Michael and quickly putting her in Calum's arms before he can react. "Shut up, you're not,"

Calum quickly holds Sunny, her lower body hanging as he looks back at Luke with panicked eyes. "Ey!"

Luke laughs, pushing Sunny towards Calum. "Just hold her how you'd hold Duke. She doesn't bite," He strokes Sunny's fur as Calum heeds Luke's suggestion.